New Project

  • Carolle M Cox
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
      Well, i've gone and done it. After fighting with a Burgundian-esque for the
      wedding - and messing it up, having forgotten that the Bride is Gaining
      weight, not losing. . . . I've decided i want a Houppe. Now, i'm not sure
      how i'll reconcile 1480 Venice with a Houppe, but i'm wanting comfort, here,
      people, and that seems so elegantly comfortable to me. So. Where do i go
      for good, clear instructions beyond: sew your fabric lengths together, then
      cut the resulting square into a circle.??

      Gerita, down, but not out yet. . .
    • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
        Have you been to www.virtue.to ?  Cynthia Virtue has pretty detailed instructions...

        Apollonia
        Well, i've gone and done it.  After fighting with a Burgundian-esque for the
        wedding - and messing it up, having forgotten that the Bride is Gaining
        weight, not losing. . . . I've decided i want a Houppe.  Now, i'm not sure
        how i'll reconcile 1480 Venice with a Houppe, but i'm wanting comfort, here,
        people, and that seems so elegantly comfortable to me.  So.  Where do i go
        for good, clear instructions beyond: sew your fabric lengths together, then
        cut the resulting square into a circle.??

        Gerita, down, but not out yet. . .

      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
          > Where do i go
          >for good, clear instructions beyond: sew your fabric lengths together, then
          >cut the resulting square into a circle.??

          Adhmar. *grin*

          Smiles,
          Despina de la check cynthia Virtue's site
          too..... http://www.virtue.to/articles/
        • Carolle M Cox
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
            LOL!!! methinks Adhmar is just a bit distant to be of hands-on help, darn
            the luck! I'll go look at Mistress Cynthia's site. . . . .

            Gerita
          • Steven Proctor
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
              If you have any questions, fell free to ask. I'm a bit pressed at the
              moment, SCA politics being what it is, but I'll be happy to help...

              Ta
              Adhemar

              --
              Having opened my 40th birthday present from my husband - a kitchen
              window fan - and now on my way to the bakery to pick up my cake, I

              GH/TW$ d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@
              DI++ D G e h r* y*** y++ k++ !f X+
            • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                At 04:01 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                >If you have any questions, fell free to ask. I'm a bit pressed at the
                >moment, SCA politics being what it is, but I'll be happy to help...

                Politics?!?!?!?!? The SCA has Politics?!?!?!?!?

                Cher, you are joking?!?!?!? *blink* *blink*

                Smiles,
                Despina
              • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002

                  >Hmmm. Wonder what Hubby'd do if a Fabrics.com box arrived at the door?????

                  He'd smile and bring it to you, like a good husband.

                  Smiles,
                  Despina de la there are advantages to home delivery......
                • Carolle M Cox
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                    Thank you, Adhemar. I think i understand the basics, and they'll have to do
                    until i'm allowed out of this golden prison to buy more fabric anyway.
                    Hmmm. Wonder what Hubby'd do if a Fabrics.com box arrived at the door?????

                    Gerita
                  • Generys ferch Ednuyed
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                      If you don't have quite enough fabric for Mistress Virtue's design (which is
                      glorious and *I WANT ONE SOMETIME*) I have a version that I think takes a
                      lot less fabric, and the result is at least somewhat similar (I've made 3 of
                      them now) - not being able to afford lots of fabric is period, right?
                      Bascally, you need two measurements - your bust (unless your hips are a
                      *lot* bigger than your bust, in which case you might want to use your hips)
                      and your height from shoulders to floor, and your height from under bust to
                      floor.
                      Once you've got that, you take the bust measurement, multiply it by 1.2-1.3
                      (more if you have larger "tracts of land" - this is where you get your
                      fabric that pleats over your bustline) and cut two panels that width - one
                      your height from shoulder to floor, one height from shoulder to "however
                      long you want your train". Cut each of these in half. Then, you cut your
                      sleeves out, in whatever version you want (next time I think I'll do inset
                      sleeves, as I have been doing them with straight and I'm not *quite* happy
                      with it), and whatever fabric you have left, make lots and lots of gores out
                      of it - I usually make these long enough to start just under my bust.

                      Just my 2 cents,

                      Generys

                      > LOL!!! methinks Adhmar is just a bit distant to be of hands-on help, darn
                      > the luck! I'll go look at Mistress Cynthia's site. . . . .
                      >
                      > Gerita

                    • N B
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                        --- "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...> wrote:
                        > At 04:01 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                        > >If you have any questions, fell free to ask. I'm a bit
                        > pressed at the
                        > >moment, SCA politics being what it is, but I'll be happy
                        > to help...
                        >
                        > Politics?!?!?!?!? The SCA has Politics?!?!?!?!?
                        >
                        > Cher, you are joking?!?!?!? *blink* *blink*
                        >
                        > Smiles,
                        > Despina

                        Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench
                        of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in
                        period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to
                        make someone ill.

                        Cat

                        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
                        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
                      • Brooke Revere
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                          B&B? (and by the way, I finally figured out what IIRC means... I'd been
                          guessing around for a long time. I was about to ask when it dawned on me
                          "...if I remember correctly."

                          N B wrote:

                          > Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench
                          > of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in
                          > period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to
                          > make someone ill.
                          >
                          > Cat
                        • Steven Proctor
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                            Baron and Baroness, I would imagine....

                            Ta
                            Adhemar

                            ...of course they *could* mean bed & breakfast....

                            Brooke Revere wrote:

                            > B&B? (and by the way, I finally figured out what IIRC means... I'd
                            > been
                            > guessing around for a long time. I was about to ask when it dawned on
                            > me
                            > "...if I remember correctly."
                            >
                            > N B wrote:
                            >

                            > > Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench
                            > > of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in
                            > > period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to
                            > > make someone ill.
                            > >
                            > > Cat
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            > [Image] [Image]

                            It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
                            It is by the beans of Java that the thoughts acquire speed,
                            the hands acquire the shakes; the shakes become a warning.
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 31, 2002
                              Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

                              Adele Fontane

                              Steven Proctor wrote:

                              > Baron and Baroness, I would imagine....
                              >
                              > Ta
                              > Adhemar
                              >
                              > ...of course they *could* mean bed & breakfast....
                              >

                              > Brooke Revere wrote:
                              > >
                              > > B&B? (and by the way, I finally figured out what IIRC means... I'd
                              > been guessing around for a long time. I was about to ask when it
                              > dawned on me "...if I remember correctly."
                              > >
                              > > N B wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench
                              > > > of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in
                              > > > period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to
                              > > > make someone ill.
                              > > >
                              > > > Cat
                            • TimW
                              Message 14 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I still haven't figured out LOL?

                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002

                                  N B wrote:

                                  > Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench
                                  > of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in
                                  > period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to
                                  > make someone ill.
                                  >
                                  > Cat

                                • TimW
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                    Now I'm LOL.  Thank you so much for the lexicon.
                                    Gwilim
                                    TFIC, TVFIC - Tongue (Very) Firmly In Cheek
                                    IMO - In My Opinion
                                    OTOH - On The Other Hand

                                    Madinia

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                      Now I'm LOL.  Thank you so much for the lexicon.
                                      Gwilim
                                      TFIC, TVFIC - Tongue (Very) Firmly In Cheek
                                      IMO - In My Opinion
                                      OTOH - On The Other Hand

                                      Madinia

                                      > From: TimW <twilliams@...>
                                      > Date: 2002/11/01 Fri AM 09:09:03 EST
                                      > To: "'Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com'" <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com>
                                      > Subject: RE: [Authentic_SCA] New Project
                                      >
                                      > I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I still haven't figured out LOL?

                                    • Ii Saburou
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                        On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, TimW wrote:

                                        > I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still haven't figured out LOL?

                                        Laughing Out Loud

                                        Here is a place to look up any unfamiliar acronyms:

                                        http://home3.inet.tele.dk/hgaarde/Acronyms.html

                                        -Ii

                                      • GR Auklandus
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                          ...and it's extension: ROFLASTC (Rolling on the floor laughing and scaring the cat).

                                          Gaius
                                          West

                                          --- marshamclean@... wrote:
                                          > Or do you mean <ROTFLMAO> Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off?
                                          >
                                          > MMM, learnt these recently
                                          > >
                                          > > From: TimW <twilliams@...>
                                          > > Date: 2002/11/01 Fri AM 09:52:47 EST
                                          > > To: "'Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com'" <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com>
                                          > > Subject: RE: RE: [Authentic_SCA] New Project
                                          > >
                                          > > Now I'm LOL. Thank you so much for the lexicon.
                                          > > Gwilim

                                          <HR>
                                          <HTML><HEAD>
                                          <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">

                                          <META content="MSHTML 5.50.4919.2200" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
                                          <BODY>

                                          <DIV><SPAN class=984185314-01112002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Now
                                          I'm LOL.  Thank you <U>so</U> much for the lexicon.
                                          </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
                                          <DIV><SPAN class=984185314-01112002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
                                          size=2>Gwilim</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
                                          <BLOCKQUOTE>
                                          <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
                                          size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> marshamclean@...
                                          [mailto:marshamclean@...]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, November 01, 2002
                                          9:17 AM<BR><B>To:</B> Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: RE:
                                          [Authentic_SCA] New Project<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><TT>LOL - Laughing Out
                                          Loud<BR>TFIC, TVFIC - Tongue (Very) Firmly In Cheek<BR>IMO - In My
                                          Opinion<BR>OTOH - On The Other Hand<BR><BR>Madinia<BR>> <BR>> From: TimW
                                          <twilliams@...><BR>> Date: 2002/11/01 Fri AM 09:09:03
                                          EST<BR>> To: "'Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com'"
                                          <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com><BR>> Subject: RE: [Authentic_SCA] New
                                          Project<BR>> <BR>> I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I still haven't
                                          figured out LOL?<BR>> <BR>> -----Original Message-----<BR>> From:
                                          Brooke Revere [mailto:WriteMe@...]<BR>> Sent: Thursday, October
                                          31, 2002 9:23 PM<BR>> To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com<BR>> Subject:
                                          Re: [Authentic_SCA] New Project<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> B&B? (and by the
                                          way, I finally figured out what IIRC means... I'd been<BR>> guessing around
                                          for a long time. I was about to ask when it dawned on me<BR>> "...if I
                                          remember correctly."<BR>> <BR>> N B wrote:<BR>> <BR>> ><BR>>
                                          > Blegh, we just got a new B&B here, there is the foul stench<BR>>
                                          > of politics everytime we have a gathering Mundane or in<BR>> >
                                          period. Lots of bootlicking and alliances, its enough to<BR>> > make
                                          someone ill.<BR>> ><BR>> > Cat<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> <BR>>
                                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor      <BR>> <BR>>
                                          ADVERTISEMENT<BR>> <BR>> <BR>>  <BR>> <<A

                                          href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17057675">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17057675</A><BR>>

                                          03:HM/A=810327/R=0/*<A

                                          href="http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs">http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs</A>><BR>>

                                          <<A

                                          href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17057675">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17057675</A><BR>>

                                          03:HM/A=810327/R=1/*<A

                                          href="http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs">http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs</A>>

                                                <BR>>  <BR>> <<A

                                          href="http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupmai">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupmai</A><BR>>

                                          l/S=:HM/A=810327/rand=100771095>       <BR>>
                                          <BR>> ----------------------------------------------------<BR>> This is
                                          the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
                                          to:<BR>> authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR>> <BR>> <BR>>
                                          <BR>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                                          Service<BR>> <<A
                                          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</A>>
                                          . <BR>> <BR>> <BR>> <BR>>
                                          <BR><BR></TT><BR><TT>----------------------------------------------------<BR>This
                                          is the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
                                          to:<BR>authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR></TT><BR><BR><TT>Your use
                                          of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
                                          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</A>.</TT>
                                          <BR></BLOCKQUOTE>

                                          <tt>
                                          <BR>
                                          </tt>

                                          <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
                                          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>

                                          </BODY></HTML>

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Nov 1, 2002
                                            How about ROTFLSHTMSASAICTOHTMTAAL (Rolling on the floor laughing so hard
                                            that my sides are splitting and I cannot think of how to make this acronym
                                            any longer)

                                            -Ii, with too much time on his hands.