Where IS that ($&@^ tuning wench anyway?

  • Joan Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
      --- borderlands15213 <borderlands15213@...>
      wrote:
      > > Joan the Harper, who has a new harp!! :-)
      >
      > With, or without, the infamous tuning wench, er,
      > wrench, this time, Joan?
      >
      > Yseult

      Alas, I am still forced by cruel circumstance to be my
      own tuning wench.

      [for those out of the loop on this, I had written a
      very embarrassing letter of complaint to a harp
      company, berating them for failing to supply me with a
      tuning wench. That was, of course, supposed to be
      "wrench."]

      Joan the Harper

      =====
      "And she'd had lucky eyes and a high heart, and wisdom that caught fire, at need, like the dried flax and made her beautiful and fierce, sudden and laughing."
      [My favorite line of poetry in the world, from Yeats' "The Old Age of Queen Maeve."]

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • Joan Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002