Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: 18th c and curtains

  • Ariane Helou
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2002
      Jehanne wrote:
      >Vittoria, have you seen this? Kass put up some step-by-step pictures
      >of an 18th century dress she did. Might give you some ideas. She
      >drapes and fits on a duct tape dress dummy over her corset. Then
      >again, she's one of those insane people who can just drape and cut by
      >eye.
      >http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/18thc/phillygown.html

      Yes, I've seen it, thanks! I was drooling over the awesome 17th-18thc.
      stuff on Kass' website just last weekend, and that is in fact what got me
      thinking about making something Baroque. I was totally impressed...I think
      I even want to try quilting a petticoat :-)

      Rose wrote:
      >Vittoria, check out Nora Waugh's "The Cut of Women's Clothes." You should be
      >able to find a decent pattern diagram in there.

      Thank you! I think our library might have a copy - I'll keep an eye out
      for it.

      Vittoria
      off to get ready for a Halloween party...
      "I shall find antiquity a rewarding study, if only because, while I am
      absorbed in it, I shall be able to turn my eyes from the troubles which
      have for so long tormented the modern world..."
      -- Livy, "History of Rome"