fabric.com, was cotton velveteen

  • anahita_al_shazhiyya
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2002
      I'm a very satisfied customer of http://www.fabric.com

      I order most of my linens from them, half my silk dupioni, some woolens
      (even got some of that cashmere blend they had), and a lot of cotton
      prints for mundane wear.

      Once i was trying to match a linen to a Near Eastern style print on
      linen-weave cotton. I sent an e-mail asking which of two colors would
      go better. They matched it for me!

      Also, a year ago i ordered some linen blends, two slightly different
      weaves in the same colorway. I recently washed them and one developed
      regular holes along the warp. I wrote them a "for your information,
      this happened" and i didn't ask for a refund, although i was hoping for
      one. They did it without me asking, and i had purchased the fabric over
      a year ago!

      Generally all their fabrics have been quite good - and, as you see, if
      there's a problem, they take care of it.

      Also, they notify you by e-mail, if you request it, when they ship your
      order (they're in Georgia) and send you the UPS tracking number.

      Anyway, i shop other stores, both locally and on-line, but wanted to
      let you know how good these folks are.

      And, yes, i'm on their mailing list.

      Anahita