!8th c and curtains

  • marshamclean@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2002
      Ysabella wrote:
      > > I got my pictures back and put some of them up on my website if
      >anyone
      > > wishes to look at them. There aren't many.
      > >

      > > http://www.firedrake.net/zisaac/scapictures.html

      Ysse,
      my computer's being crazy and won't let me get to that url!  Netscape dies
      every time I try it, it's very disconcerting.  is there another way to see
      them?

      I had to read the Tale of Genji for school this semester...it was utterly
      delightful! :-)  Now I really really want a Heian outfit too...sigh.  (So
      many time periods, so many countries, sooooo little time...)

      Vittoria

      P.S.  A completely random and off-topic question - a friend recently gave
      me an old set of curtains, of a very ornate (rococo, even) white-and-gold
      brocade.  There's probably at least 10 yards of fabric.  I have a totally
      irrational urge to make it into an 18thc. gown (I don't even know where I'd
      wear it to!) - can any of the more experienced costumers here tell me if
      that's enough fabric for it, and if I could possibly get away with
      wearing  a 16thc. corset under it, instead of making a new one?
      "I shall find antiquity a rewarding study, if only because, while I am
      absorbed in it, I shall be able to turn my eyes from the troubles which
      have for so long tormented the modern world..."
                  -- Livy, "History of Rome"