Re: Re: [Authentic_SCA] cotton velveteen (and bored at work)

  • marshamclean@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2002
      Does anyone have advice on cotton velveteen (black, 45" wide, to be
      precise)? I'm considering making a tudor gown from it, with brocade
      forepart and oversleeves, but I've never worked with velvet of any kind
      before. Would love to hear about other peoples' opinions and
      experiences!

      Kirrily Robert wrote:

      >  So, I'm bored at work.  I hereby propose that everyone should post to
      > the list saying what project they're currently working on, or just
      > finished, or about to start.  And that you should post your references
      > or pictures of the original if at all possible.

      I'm working on a Tudor "practice bodice." It's the first time I've tried
      drafting my own pattern entirely from scratch, and doing all the
      stitches by hand.

      I'm hand-binding the eyelets right now, and it's driving me crazy. I
      want to try it on... see if it fits!

      Adele de la Fontane