Quern

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2002
      Does anyone know a place to buy a rotary quern for grinding grain?
      Our group wants to buy one to use as part of our demo.

      I've found pictures of them on the net, and various museums that say
      they have one, so someone must be making them somewhere.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/prehistory/tasks_gallery/grinding_corn.shtml

      Ranvaig
      --
    • marshamclean@rogers.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2002
          Wonderful! We have until early August, so we can probably arrange
          something. Do you know how much they cost?

          If it comes to that, I've wanted to drive there for fabric shopping.
          Ranvaig

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 20, 2002

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 20, 2002

              >Let me know when you're coming and if you need crash space.
              >Princess (Oh, how wonderful!!) Nan Astrid has been interested in a
              >trip for some time, perhaps she's be interested in the trip...

              I'll check with Nicholaa before I make plans. It probably wouldn't
              be until spring or early summer. My van was totaled before Pennsic,
              and the insurance company still hasn't settled and replaced it, so
              traveling any distance is right out.

              If you can find a price for the quern, I'd appreciate it, but the
              Irish Living History group is buying it, not me personally. And we
              get money from the festival for just this kind of thing. They have
              been talking about having a goat to milk too.

              Silk..... silk..... I can hear it calling me.... I'll have to save
              some money for the trip too....
              And I NEED linen....

              Ranvaig
              --
            • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2004
                My life fell apart last fall, and I let this drop, but the group is
                still interested and Nicholaa agreed to bring it on one of her trips.
                Could you find out the price and let me know?
                We don't need it until August.

              • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2004
                  >My life fell apart last fall, and I let this drop, but the group is

                  My apologies, I meant that to go to Madinia.
                  Ranvaig