Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Silk Twill

  • Violante01@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
      In a message dated Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:47:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, rose@... writes:

      > I saw silk twill at Thai Silks last week -- heavier than what I remember Dharma
      > carrying, but not as heavy as I would have liked. They had red and white, and
      > perhaps a green or blue. I was looking for something else entirely, and wasn't
      > paying that much attention. Would you like me to send you
      > a sample?

      Actually, I may have found what I was looking for with Exotic Silks. They're owned by Thai Silks, I think, and they have some silk twill and twill blends in heavy weights. Off to order swatches!

      Cheers,
      Violante
    • Violante01@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
        In a message dated Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:07:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, nibuca@... writes:

        > Well.. if it's heavier than 12mm then you can have
        > less ends per inch.. so you can buy the thicker thread
        > and weave a nice point twill.. or broken twill..
        > mmmmmm it should only take about 100 hours to weave..
        > plenty of time between now and 12th Night.

        How many yards would that be? Do you do custom orders? ;P

        Cheers,
        Violante
      • rose@santiagosmagic.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
          They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located about
          five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....

          Ooh, and speaking of poor checkbook, I'm going to be in northern VA at
          Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking about an exploratory voyage to G Street
          Fabrics. Does anybody know where the storefronts are? Heh -- I remember
          shopping there when they actually *were* on G Street.

          Rose

          Quoting Violante01@...:

          > In a message dated Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:47:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          > Actually, I may have found what I was looking for with Exotic Silks. They're
          > owned by Thai Silks, I think, and they have some silk twill and twill blends
          > in heavy weights. Off to order swatches!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Violante

          -=-=-=-

          food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
            >Ooh, and speaking of poor checkbook, I'm going to be in northern VA at
            >Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking about an exploratory voyage to G Street
            >Fabrics. Does anybody know where the storefronts are?

            http://www.gstreetfabrics.com/

            lists all the locations with phone numbers, something I found very helpful
            when trying to locate the store and not seeing it in front of my face. *grin*

            Smiles,
            Despina de la tried to cut and paste but they didn't want to go into
            Eudora, sorry
          • rose@santiagosmagic.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
              Wow, they put one into Potomac Mills? That's awfully convenient. Perhaps a
              little too convenient, really. I wonder how much overtime I can cram in
              between now and November.

              Thank you, dear heart!

              Rose

              Quoting "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>:
              > http://www.gstreetfabrics.com/
              >
              > lists all the locations with phone numbers, something I found very helpful
              > when trying to locate the store and not seeing it in front of my face.
              > *grin*
              >
              > Smiles,
              > Despina de la tried to cut and paste but they didn't want to go into
              > Eudora, sorry

              -=-=-=-

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                Thanks! It's been a rather hectic couple of months, but hopefully my schedule
                will settle down for a while and I can participate a little more.

                Rose

                Quoting "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>:
                > Welcome back beautiful! Good to see you again.
                >
                > Smiles,
                > Despina

                -=-=-=-

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                  > They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located about
                  > five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....

                  So if I need to get specific swatches from them, you might be able to hook me up? ;)

                  Cheers,
                  Violante
                • rose@santiagosmagic.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                    Absolutely!

                    Quoting Violante01@...:

                    > > They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located
                    > about
                    > > five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....
                    >
                    > So if I need to get specific swatches from them, you might be able to hook me
                    > up? ;)
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Violante

                    -=-=-=-

                    food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
                  • demontsegur
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                      i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                      anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                      and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?

                      Thanks,
                      Marcele
                    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                        At 05:35 PM 10/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                        >i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                        >anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                        >and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?
                        >
                        >Thanks,
                        >Marcele

                        I'll look at home and see if it's in the catalogue I have....

                        Smiles,
                        Despina de la tired
                      • Dianne and Greg Stucki
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                          Marcele

                          It's in the catalogue I have at home. I can try to scan it if you like.

                          Laurensa
                          > >i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                          > >anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                          > >and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?
                          > >
                          > >Thanks,
                          > >Marcele
                          >
                          > I'll look at home and see if it's in the catalogue I have....
                          >
                          > Smiles,
                          > Despina de la tired

                        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                            At 04:18 PM 10/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
                            >Marcele
                            >
                            >It's in the catalogue I have at home. I can try to scan it if you like.
                            >
                            >Laurensa

                            thanks Laurensa, now she doesn't have to rely on my sketchy memory. Where
                            did it go anyway?

                            Smiles,
                            Despina de la leaving now, have a good one all
                          • Dianne and Greg Stucki
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                              Not a problem. Now what was I going to do again?

                              Forgetfully

                              Laurensa