Re: Christina's AWESOME help

  • xina007eu
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
      Johann Petri was the publisher, and a Google search revealed he was
      located in Passau.
      The reason why I asked is the word "sunft" that confused you.
      I'm pretty sure that this should be "sunst" (Modern High
      German "sonst"). It's either a transcription error (you mistook a
      long s for an f) or a compositor's error (e.g. an "f + t" ligature
      having ended up in the "long s + t" ligature compartment by mistake).

      Why don't you photocopy the book (or at least the pages you are
      interested in) and then give it back to the university? Or scan it if
      you have got access to a scanner? Then you could run an OCR program
      on the scans and have some fun reading what it comes up with.

      By the way, Poison Pen Press offer a facsimile for $38 but I suppose
      that's not what you call a decent price
      (http://www.poisonpenpress.com/cookery.html).

      Best regards,

      Christina

      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jeff Heilveil <heilveil@u...> wrote:
      > > >where did the author of this book come from? Where was it
      printed? Is
      > > >there a facsimile online? I did a quick Google search and
      couldn't
      > > >find one.
      >
      > The Author is Johann Petri. I haven't read the herausgegeben since
      I know

      _________

      ________