Re: Silk Twill

  • Monica vvv
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 29, 2002

      -
      > > and nobody gets to find out what I'm doing with
      > > mine until WK Twelfth Night.

      > But it's only 12 mm... I recently developed an
      > interest in silk twill myself, but I would want
      > something much heavier than Dharma's. *sigh*

      > Cheers,
      > Violante

      Well.. if it's heavier than 12mm then you can have
      less ends per inch.. so you can buy the thicker thread
      and weave a nice point twill.. or broken twill..
      mmmmmm it should only take about 100 hours to weave..
      plenty of time between now and 12th Night.

      Sylvie

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • rose@santiagosmagic.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2002
        I saw silk twill at Thai Silks last week -- heavier than what I remember Dharma
        carrying, but not as heavy as I would have liked. They had red and white, and
        perhaps a green or blue. I was looking for something else entirely, and wasn't
        paying that much attention. Would you like me to send you a sample?

        Rose (I'm back!)

        Quoting Monica vvv <nibuca@...>:

        > > > I seem to recall someone looking for silk twill
        > > > awhile back?
        > >
        > > > Dharma Trading (www.dharmatrading.com) has some
        > > > that is quite lovely
        > -
        > > > and nobody gets to find out what I'm doing with
        > > > mine until WK Twelfth Night.
        >
        > > But it's only 12 mm... I recently developed an
        > > interest in silk twill myself, but I would want
        > > something much heavier than Dharma's. *sigh*
        >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Violante
        >
        > Well.. if it's heavier than 12mm then you can have
        > less ends per inch.. so you can buy the thicker thread
        > and weave a nice point twill.. or broken twill..
        > mmmmmm it should only take about 100 hours to weave..
        > plenty of time between now and 12th Night.
        >
        > Sylvie

        -=-=-=-

        food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 30, 2002

          >Rose (I'm back!)

          Welcome back beautiful! Good to see you again.

          Smiles,
          Despina
        • Violante01@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
            In a message dated Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:47:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, rose@... writes:

            > I saw silk twill at Thai Silks last week -- heavier than what I remember Dharma
            > carrying, but not as heavy as I would have liked. They had red and white, and
            > perhaps a green or blue. I was looking for something else entirely, and wasn't
            > paying that much attention. Would you like me to send you
            > a sample?

            Actually, I may have found what I was looking for with Exotic Silks. They're owned by Thai Silks, I think, and they have some silk twill and twill blends in heavy weights. Off to order swatches!

            Cheers,
            Violante
          • Violante01@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
              In a message dated Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:07:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, nibuca@... writes:

              > Well.. if it's heavier than 12mm then you can have
              > less ends per inch.. so you can buy the thicker thread
              > and weave a nice point twill.. or broken twill..
              > mmmmmm it should only take about 100 hours to weave..
              > plenty of time between now and 12th Night.

              How many yards would that be? Do you do custom orders? ;P

              Cheers,
              Violante
            • rose@santiagosmagic.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located about
                five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....

                Ooh, and speaking of poor checkbook, I'm going to be in northern VA at
                Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking about an exploratory voyage to G Street
                Fabrics. Does anybody know where the storefronts are? Heh -- I remember
                shopping there when they actually *were* on G Street.

                Rose

                Quoting Violante01@...:

                > In a message dated Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:47:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                > Actually, I may have found what I was looking for with Exotic Silks. They're
                > owned by Thai Silks, I think, and they have some silk twill and twill blends
                > in heavy weights. Off to order swatches!
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Violante

                -=-=-=-

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                  >Ooh, and speaking of poor checkbook, I'm going to be in northern VA at
                  >Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking about an exploratory voyage to G Street
                  >Fabrics. Does anybody know where the storefronts are?

                  http://www.gstreetfabrics.com/

                  lists all the locations with phone numbers, something I found very helpful
                  when trying to locate the store and not seeing it in front of my face. *grin*

                  Smiles,
                  Despina de la tried to cut and paste but they didn't want to go into
                  Eudora, sorry
                • rose@santiagosmagic.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                    Wow, they put one into Potomac Mills? That's awfully convenient. Perhaps a
                    little too convenient, really. I wonder how much overtime I can cram in
                    between now and November.

                    Thank you, dear heart!

                    Rose

                    Quoting "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>:
                    > http://www.gstreetfabrics.com/
                    >
                    > lists all the locations with phone numbers, something I found very helpful
                    > when trying to locate the store and not seeing it in front of my face.
                    > *grin*
                    >
                    > Smiles,
                    > Despina de la tried to cut and paste but they didn't want to go into
                    > Eudora, sorry

                    -=-=-=-

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                      Thanks! It's been a rather hectic couple of months, but hopefully my schedule
                      will settle down for a while and I can participate a little more.

                      Rose

                      Quoting "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>:
                      > Welcome back beautiful! Good to see you again.
                      >
                      > Smiles,
                      > Despina

                      -=-=-=-

                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                        > They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located about
                        > five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....

                        So if I need to get specific swatches from them, you might be able to hook me up? ;)

                        Cheers,
                        Violante
                      • rose@santiagosmagic.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                          Absolutely!

                          Quoting Violante01@...:

                          > > They're the same place, as near as I can tell, and conveniently located
                          > about
                          > > five minutes from my office. Oh, my poor checkbook....
                          >
                          > So if I need to get specific swatches from them, you might be able to hook me
                          > up? ;)
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          > Violante

                          -=-=-=-

                          food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
                        • demontsegur
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                            i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                            anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                            and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?

                            Thanks,
                            Marcele
                          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                              At 05:35 PM 10/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                              >i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                              >anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                              >and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?
                              >
                              >Thanks,
                              >Marcele

                              I'll look at home and see if it's in the catalogue I have....

                              Smiles,
                              Despina de la tired
                            • Dianne and Greg Stucki
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                                Marcele

                                It's in the catalogue I have at home. I can try to scan it if you like.

                                Laurensa
                                > >i checked out Exotic Silk's website and didn't find silk twill
                                > >anywhere. Is this one of those items where you need to call them up
                                > >and ask about it directly, the old-fashioned way?
                                > >
                                > >Thanks,
                                > >Marcele
                                >
                                > I'll look at home and see if it's in the catalogue I have....
                                >
                                > Smiles,
                                > Despina de la tired

                              • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                                  At 04:18 PM 10/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
                                  >Marcele
                                  >
                                  >It's in the catalogue I have at home. I can try to scan it if you like.
                                  >
                                  >Laurensa

                                  thanks Laurensa, now she doesn't have to rely on my sketchy memory. Where
                                  did it go anyway?

                                  Smiles,
                                  Despina de la leaving now, have a good one all
                                • Dianne and Greg Stucki
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 2, 2002
                                    Not a problem. Now what was I going to do again?

                                    Forgetfully

                                    Laurensa