Crab cakes

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002
      Oh the changes were great!

      By the by, I'd go for the "Letzelten" as at the last. That makes lots of
      sense.

      For the final interpretation:
      Take cooked crab (except the claws). Roll it in an egg batter (eggs, a
      little flour to thicken, spices [parsley] and salt). Then either bake it
      (go for a more thick batter) or drop it in boiling oil (which is what I
      did). Flip it and let it brown. Serve with honey. YUMMY!!!!!

      Now, Despina and I suffered for the cause... we tried this with both real
      crab and artifical crab. The reasoning was that with real crab it tastes
      like crab and costs a ton (at least here). With fake crab it tastes like
      crab but the texture is a little different. Despina agreed with me that
      the taste difference was insignificant and the texture didn't really
      matter, but was different. It was too yummy to care about texture.
      With artifical crab (KRAB) this dish cost about $5 for 45 pieces (ear bar
      of KRAB was cut into 1/3s). Compare with $8.99 of real crab for 9-10
      pieces (remember that I live home on the range...)

      Cu drag,
      Bogdan de la I gotta eat yummy food this weekend.

      To the timid and hesitating, everything is impossible because it seems
      so. -Sir Walter Scott

      If you cannot explain it in a sentence, then you don't truly understand
      it.
      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S.
      PhD Candidate, Department of Entomology
      University of Illinois