Re: (rants and grins)idiot's crusade

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 27, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "bella_took" <bella_took@y...> wrote:
      > I thought you were joking about "The Complete Idiot's Guide To The
      > Crusades".
      Nope. It's real.

      > BTW - Judging by my teacher's slack jawed response when I showed
      her
      > the 2 plus pages of links I found, I don't think that landing an A
      on
      > this paper is going to be a challenge.
      Caveat emptor, Kristina. Stuff on the web is only as good as the
      person who posted it. See if the website has a bibliography. If not,
      you don't know how good the information is.

      > Half the class bought the study guide instead of the
      > actual textbook and then tried to argue with her that she should
      > let them study exclusively from that.
      Twits. I spent a semester in college on the Crusades and it was a
      fascinating period to study. My sympathies.

      Hey, if you really want to blow your teacher's mind, there's even
      crusader "pop music." Do a search for "Palastinalied" by Walther von
      der Vogelweide. ;->

      Jehanne de Wodeford