RE: [Authentic_SCA] Woodworking [was "it's finished"]

  • Jeff Gedney
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 1, 2002
      > <sigh> Fine, then, i'll be second in line if it pleases
      > you!

      Why the heck would you want to use cards on this?
      Cards tear and crush the wool fibres to align them
      You use them for short nappy fleece.
      This stuff is long smooth and wavy.

      I am just gonna clean and comb the fleece, prespin it into roving, and then
      make nice nonslubby yarns that will be as strong and smooth as I can
      possibly make them.

      That is how it was done in Old East Anglia...

      Wool cards were not used for making Worsteds.
      See:

      James, John History of the worsted manufacture in England, from the
      earliest times; with introductory notices of the manufacture among the
      ancient nations, and during the Middle Ages. New York, A. M. Kelley 1968

      Elias
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 2, 2002
        At 06:12 PM 8/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
        >Despina! I don't NEED any more hobbies!!!
        >
        >I won't look, I won't, I won't....aw, shucks!!

        he he he he.......

        Smiles,
        Despina de la temptress