Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets

  • Lura
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
      Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • rose@santiagosmagic.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
        Admittedly, I'm working from memory, but I think the St. Louis tunic has front
        and back center gores, but no side gores and no underarm gussets. The Bockston
        tunic has front and back center gores, plus side gores and underarm gussets. I
        believe they're both shirt length, although I've used the Bockston pattern for
        a floor-length dress a couple of times.

        Rose

        Quoting Lura <real_wednesday@...>:

        > Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.
        >
        > --- wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
        > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
        > > > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
        > > > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis
        > > tunic is
        > > > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
        > > > front/back gores.
        > >
        > > The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center
        > > gores in
        > > front and in back.
        > > http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html
        > >
        > > Jehanne

        -=-=-=-

        food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
      • Heather Rose Jones
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
          At 9:57 PM -0500 7/31/02, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:
          >On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, eanswythdeb wrote:
          >
          ><snip>
          >
          >> Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets
          >
          >Eanswyth, I just want you to know that I'm going to save this to push on
          >people when they try to argue that Our Old Way (yeah, me too) is just as
          >good...

          I did something similar for a local college beginning tunic workshop
          -- made them do the geometry on the chalkboard and calculate how much
          tunic they could get for the yardage by the two methods. (It's
          astounding what you can get college kids to do if you push the right
          buttons.)

          Tangwystyl
          --
          *****