Re: [Authentic_SCA] Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets

  • Lura
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
      Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
      Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis tunic is
      shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
      front/back gores.

      Eanswyth

      > The other thing one could do is go to
      > www.reconstructinghistory.com and
      > find the page from there - it's the St. Louis tunic off of the
      > easy garb page.
      >
      > Smiles,
      > Despina

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
        > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
        > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis tunic is
        > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
        > front/back gores.

        The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center gores in
        front and in back.
        http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html

        Jehanne
      • Lura
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
          Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • rose@santiagosmagic.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
            Admittedly, I'm working from memory, but I think the St. Louis tunic has front
            and back center gores, but no side gores and no underarm gussets. The Bockston
            tunic has front and back center gores, plus side gores and underarm gussets. I
            believe they're both shirt length, although I've used the Bockston pattern for
            a floor-length dress a couple of times.

            Rose

            Quoting Lura <real_wednesday@...>:

            > Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.
            >
            > --- wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
            > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
            > > > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
            > > > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis
            > > tunic is
            > > > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
            > > > front/back gores.
            > >
            > > The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center
            > > gores in
            > > front and in back.
            > > http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html
            > >
            > > Jehanne

            -=-=-=-

            food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
          • Heather Rose Jones
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
              At 9:57 PM -0500 7/31/02, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:
              >On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, eanswythdeb wrote:
              >
              ><snip>
              >
              >> Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets
              >
              >Eanswyth, I just want you to know that I'm going to save this to push on
              >people when they try to argue that Our Old Way (yeah, me too) is just as
              >good...

              I did something similar for a local college beginning tunic workshop
              -- made them do the geometry on the chalkboard and calculate how much
              tunic they could get for the yardage by the two methods. (It's
              astounding what you can get college kids to do if you push the right
              buttons.)

              Tangwystyl
              --
              *****