Re: An Introduction

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Kitty O'Neal <kitty@s...> wrote:
      > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA
      with an
      > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :)
      I'm
      > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the
      11th
      > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about
      it.

      Greetings and welcome, Ekaterina.

      No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah! Check out
      http://www.geocities.com/ilyana7/novgorod/toc.html for a reprint of a
      Compleat Anachronist article on 13th century Novgorod.

      Cheers,
      Jehanne
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

        >No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah!

        I'm glad someone still has a memory

        Smiles,
        Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her vacation begins
        on Tuesday
      • mastergunner1588
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
          > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
          vacation begins
          > on Tuesday

          I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
          Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.

          Hawkyns
          Master Gunner
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            At 03:50 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@u...>
            > > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
            >vacation begins
            > > on Tuesday
            >
            >I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
            >Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.
            >
            >Hawkyns
            >Master Gunner

            Have fun darlin' and good luck on the clearing party! I can't leave until
            Wednesday or Thursday. *grin* But I'll hopefully be completely ready.

            Smiles,
            Despina de la everyone who goes to Pennsic or any other event - please
            drive/travel safely
          • cslemke2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
              Hello all,
              Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
              (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
              (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
              Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
              myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
              and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
              authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
              man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
              for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
              find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
              advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
              I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
              bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
              lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
              have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
              the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
              mostly in the Celtic style.
              My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
              in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
              with bardic
              We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
              within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
              Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
              believe!

              Eric MacTavish