Re: [Authentic_SCA] An Introduction

  • Kirrily Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
      Ekaterina wrote:
      > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
      > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
      > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
      > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
      > am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
      > 'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
      > people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
      > I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

      Welcome! I don't know much about Russian stuff, but I just wanted to
      say it's great to have you on this list. Sit down, relax, enjoy!

      Yours,

      Katherine

      katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Kitty O'Neal <kitty@s...> wrote:
        > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA
        with an
        > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :)
        I'm
        > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the
        11th
        > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about
        it.

        Greetings and welcome, Ekaterina.

        No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah! Check out
        http://www.geocities.com/ilyana7/novgorod/toc.html for a reprint of a
        Compleat Anachronist article on 13th century Novgorod.

        Cheers,
        Jehanne
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

          >No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah!

          I'm glad someone still has a memory

          Smiles,
          Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her vacation begins
          on Tuesday
        • mastergunner1588
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
            vacation begins
            > on Tuesday

            I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
            Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.

            Hawkyns
            Master Gunner
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
              At 03:50 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@u...>
              > > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
              >vacation begins
              > > on Tuesday
              >
              >I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
              >Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.
              >
              >Hawkyns
              >Master Gunner

              Have fun darlin' and good luck on the clearing party! I can't leave until
              Wednesday or Thursday. *grin* But I'll hopefully be completely ready.

              Smiles,
              Despina de la everyone who goes to Pennsic or any other event - please
              drive/travel safely
            • cslemke2000
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 27 11:44 AM
                Hello all,
                Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
                (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
                (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
                Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
                myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
                and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
                authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
                man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
                for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
                find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
                advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
                I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
                bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
                lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
                have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
                the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
                mostly in the Celtic style.
                My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
                in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
                with bardic
                We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
                within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
                Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
                believe!

                Eric MacTavish