Re: [Authentic_SCA] An Introduction

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
      At 02:08 AM 8/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
      >emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
      >currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
      >century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
      >am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore),

      Welcome to the list. *grin* I'm going to send you to another one....
      *grin* The Slavic Interest Group - SIG on yahoogroups - there are people
      there with more knowledge on things in which you are interested than many
      university departments.

      Welcome to us and please search the archives. There is a lot of stuff there.

      Smiles,
      Despina

      For more information: http://slavic.freeservers.com
      Post message: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: sig-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • Kirrily Robert
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
        Ekaterina wrote:
        > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
        > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
        > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
        > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
        > am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
        > 'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
        > people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
        > I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

        Welcome! I don't know much about Russian stuff, but I just wanted to
        say it's great to have you on this list. Sit down, relax, enjoy!

        Yours,

        Katherine

        katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/
      • wodeford
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Kitty O'Neal <kitty@s...> wrote:
          > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA
          with an
          > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :)
          I'm
          > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the
          11th
          > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about
          it.

          Greetings and welcome, Ekaterina.

          No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah! Check out
          http://www.geocities.com/ilyana7/novgorod/toc.html for a reprint of a
          Compleat Anachronist article on 13th century Novgorod.

          Cheers,
          Jehanne
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

            >No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah!

            I'm glad someone still has a memory

            Smiles,
            Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her vacation begins
            on Tuesday
          • mastergunner1588
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
              > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
              vacation begins
              > on Tuesday

              I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
              Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.

              Hawkyns
              Master Gunner
            • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                At 03:50 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@u...>
                > > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
                >vacation begins
                > > on Tuesday
                >
                >I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
                >Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.
                >
                >Hawkyns
                >Master Gunner

                Have fun darlin' and good luck on the clearing party! I can't leave until
                Wednesday or Thursday. *grin* But I'll hopefully be completely ready.

                Smiles,
                Despina de la everyone who goes to Pennsic or any other event - please
                drive/travel safely
              • cslemke2000
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                  Hello all,
                  Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
                  (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
                  (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
                  Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
                  myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
                  and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
                  authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
                  man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
                  for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
                  find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
                  advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
                  I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
                  bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
                  lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
                  have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
                  the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
                  mostly in the Celtic style.
                  My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
                  in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
                  with bardic
                  We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
                  within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
                  Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
                  believe!

                  Eric MacTavish