An Introduction

  • Kitty O'Neal
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
      emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
      currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
      century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
      am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
      'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
      people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
      I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

      In Service,

      Ekaterina Iana Stepanova doch'
      Deputy Hospitaller
      Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra
      m.k.a. Kitty O'Neal kitty@...
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
        At 02:08 AM 8/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
        >emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
        >currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
        >century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
        >am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore),

        Welcome to the list. *grin* I'm going to send you to another one....
        *grin* The Slavic Interest Group - SIG on yahoogroups - there are people
        there with more knowledge on things in which you are interested than many
        university departments.

        Welcome to us and please search the archives. There is a lot of stuff there.

        Smiles,
        Despina

        For more information: http://slavic.freeservers.com
        Post message: sig@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: sig-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      • Kirrily Robert
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
          Ekaterina wrote:
          > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
          > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
          > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
          > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
          > am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
          > 'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
          > people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
          > I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

          Welcome! I don't know much about Russian stuff, but I just wanted to
          say it's great to have you on this list. Sit down, relax, enjoy!

          Yours,

          Katherine

          katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Kitty O'Neal <kitty@s...> wrote:
            > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA
            with an
            > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :)
            I'm
            > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the
            11th
            > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about
            it.

            Greetings and welcome, Ekaterina.

            No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah! Check out
            http://www.geocities.com/ilyana7/novgorod/toc.html for a reprint of a
            Compleat Anachronist article on 13th century Novgorod.

            Cheers,
            Jehanne
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

              >No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah!

              I'm glad someone still has a memory

              Smiles,
              Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her vacation begins
              on Tuesday
            • mastergunner1588
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
                vacation begins
                > on Tuesday

                I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
                Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.

                Hawkyns
                Master Gunner
              • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                  At 03:50 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                  >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@u...>
                  > > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
                  >vacation begins
                  > > on Tuesday
                  >
                  >I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
                  >Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.
                  >
                  >Hawkyns
                  >Master Gunner

                  Have fun darlin' and good luck on the clearing party! I can't leave until
                  Wednesday or Thursday. *grin* But I'll hopefully be completely ready.

                  Smiles,
                  Despina de la everyone who goes to Pennsic or any other event - please
                  drive/travel safely
                • cslemke2000
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                    Hello all,
                    Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
                    (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
                    (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
                    Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
                    myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
                    and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
                    authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
                    man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
                    for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
                    find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
                    advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
                    I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
                    bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
                    lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
                    have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
                    the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
                    mostly in the Celtic style.
                    My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
                    in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
                    with bardic
                    We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
                    within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
                    Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
                    believe!

                    Eric MacTavish