Re: [Authentic_SCA] Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets

  • Lura
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2002
      Cool! Glad I can help spread the infection.
      Eanswyth

      --- Sarah Michele Ford <sarah@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, eanswythdeb wrote:
      >
      > <snip>
      >
      > > Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets
      >
      > Eanswyth, I just want you to know that I'm going to save this
      > to push on
      > people when they try to argue that Our Old Way (yeah, me too)
      > is just as
      > good...
      >
      > Alianor
      >
      > Sarah Michele Ford
      > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
      > Illusion is the general rule of the universe;
      > reality is but an exception.
      > --Jean Baudrillard
      > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Carolle M Cox
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
        aaccckkkk!!! My puter refused to let me into that site!! I want a copy of
        the pattern for a friend. Help??

        Gerita

        PS - i am giving her a copy of this email along with the pattern - you said
        it so well!

        > I made a full length, full skirted dress based on the St. Louis
        > tunic
        > (http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/FirstGarb.html)
        > out of less than 3 yards of wool. I'm short and round, so 3
      • Lura
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
          Hmm, don't know why. Here it is again, cut and pasted from the
          actual page:

          --- Carolle M Cox <hpockets@...> wrote:
          > aaccckkkk!!! My puter refused to let me into that site!! I
          > want a copy of
          > the pattern for a friend. Help??
          >
          > Gerita
          >
          > PS - i am giving her a copy of this email along with the
          > pattern - you said
          > it so well!

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
            At 08:27 AM 8/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
            >Hmm, don't know why. Here it is again, cut and pasted from the
            >actual page:
            ><http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/FirstGarb.html>http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/FirstGarb.html
            >
            >Eanswyth

            The other thing one could do is go to www.reconstructinghistory.com and
            find the page from there - it's the St. Louis tunic off of the easy garb page.

            Smiles,
            Despina
          • Lura
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
              Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
              Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis tunic is
              shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
              front/back gores.

              Eanswyth

              > The other thing one could do is go to
              > www.reconstructinghistory.com and
              > find the page from there - it's the St. Louis tunic off of the
              > easy garb page.
              >
              > Smiles,
              > Despina

              http://health.yahoo.com
            • wodeford
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
                > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
                > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis tunic is
                > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
                > front/back gores.

                The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center gores in
                front and in back.
                http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html

                Jehanne
              • Lura
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                  Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.

                  http://health.yahoo.com
                • rose@santiagosmagic.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                    Admittedly, I'm working from memory, but I think the St. Louis tunic has front
                    and back center gores, but no side gores and no underarm gussets. The Bockston
                    tunic has front and back center gores, plus side gores and underarm gussets. I
                    believe they're both shirt length, although I've used the Bockston pattern for
                    a floor-length dress a couple of times.

                    Rose

                    Quoting Lura <real_wednesday@...>:

                    > Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.
                    >
                    > --- wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
                    > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
                    > > > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
                    > > > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis
                    > > tunic is
                    > > > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
                    > > > front/back gores.
                    > >
                    > > The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center
                    > > gores in
                    > > front and in back.
                    > > http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html
                    > >
                    > > Jehanne

                    -=-=-=-

                    food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
                  • Heather Rose Jones
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                      At 9:57 PM -0500 7/31/02, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:
                      >On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, eanswythdeb wrote:
                      >
                      ><snip>
                      >
                      >> Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets
                      >
                      >Eanswyth, I just want you to know that I'm going to save this to push on
                      >people when they try to argue that Our Old Way (yeah, me too) is just as
                      >good...

                      I did something similar for a local college beginning tunic workshop
                      -- made them do the geometry on the chalkboard and calculate how much
                      tunic they could get for the yardage by the two methods. (It's
                      astounding what you can get college kids to do if you push the right
                      buttons.)

                      Tangwystyl
                      --
                      *****