felt making question

  • Melaena
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2002
      RE: URL?

      For the lady who was asking about Mongolian feltmaking and rugs, from my pet Mongol/authenticity freak.

      (FWD) When you send these to her stress that this may give her an overview of rugs in central asia, but they are not specifically period articles.  The methods and technologies, ie felting and weaving were both available and used by the nomadic peoples of  the region.

      Either way here is a couple of links to get her started.

      http://www.phm.gov.au/hsc/textiles/textile_arts.htm
      http://www.tapetology.com/structure.htm

      . Margareta