Re: [Authentic_SCA] Help Saving Books

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2002
      At 05:07 PM 7/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
      >I have just acquired two "new" old books, printed in 1920 that are falling
      >apart. How can I save them? BTW, they're both in Italian....
      >
      >Il Principe by Machiavelli
      >Prose Scelte by Giacomo Leopardi

      It depends on how they are falling apart and how they were originally
      bound. If the problem is that they are coming away from the boards, then
      you will most likely need to have them re-bound. If the problem is that
      they were bound with glue and the pages are literally falling out, you need
      to either have the pages put back in, "tiped", or you should probably have
      the volume re-bound. If the pages are sewn in and they are ripping out of
      the stitching, you will need to have other work done.

      Like I said, it depends on how they are falling apart and how much of the
      original bindings you want to save.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la does a little bookbinding too......