Re: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Slightly OT: graduate programs for early music?

  • marshamclean@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22 10:01 AM

      >Does anyone know of really cool early music programs
      >besides Stanford?

      Indiana University.  Smiles, Despina

      http://www.music.indiana.edu/som/emi/

      In addition to music history and theory offered by the Indiana University
      School of Music, the Early Music Institute offers a wide selection of
      courses including Literature and Performance Practices of Medieval,
      Renaissance and Baroque Music (3-course series); Directing College Early
      Music Programs; Continuo Readings and Performance; Playing and Singing from
      Original Notation; Bibliography; Research in Early Music (with changing
      topics) and Seminars. Please contact us if you would like a copy of the
      current early music curricula.
      Degrees Offered
      �       B.M., Early Music Instrument or Vocal
      �       M.M., Early Music, Instrumental or Vocal
      �       M.M., Early Music, Recorder Pedagogy
      �       D.M., Early Music, Instrumental or Vocal

    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22 10:04 AM
        > > >Does anyone know of really cool early music programs
        > >besides Stanford?

        Actually, there's a whole list on this website, including Oberlin, which I
        think is what Madinia meant. *grin*

        http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/misc/schools.htm

        Smiles,
        Despina
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22 10:58 AM
          At 01:37 PM 7/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
          >Nope, I meant Otterbein. I went there (fabu acting program) and there was
          >a good music program, which I think incuded early music.

          okay. *grin* My bad.

          SMiles,
          Despina