current projects: re-fitting gown

  • Jennifer Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2002
      As for current projects:  I am re-fitting my purple linen gown.  I haven't decided whether to take off the sleeves & shorten the distance from neck to shoulder that way or to just gather that area...
      It also needs to be taken in at the side seams in the upper torso.
      I always tend to make things too big...  Probably because I'm so worried about making them too small. <G>
      I'm also making lucet cord as corset lacing.  I plan to make a corset soon.
      What is your favourite pattern?  I want one which also brings in the abdomen.
      Gwendoline:  I think the one you're beta testing sounds wonderful.  What are you doing to take in the bust?
      I'm also working on my first card weaving project.  Very exciting.  :>)
      Of course, I have mundane projects going, too... spinning the wool for socks.
      If anyone figures out how to do multiple projects at once, I would be all ears!  Gwen

      Gwen verch Rhys
      Jennifer Hill
      & al manner of thyng shal be wele.  Dame  Julian of Norwich
      welshladygwen@...