Re: [Authentic_SCA] Odd tunic in the Maciejowski Bible

  • Marianne Perdomo Machin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2002
      Greetings!

      For what it's worth, it reminds me of some Spanish 13th c. men's overtunics
      I've seen. They seeme to have sleeves that you coulg get out of so they'd
      just hang there. I couldn't find a really good example, but they're not too
      different from the one at:
      http://games.rengeekcentral.com/F65V.html

      I wouldn't assume it's the undertunic showing through, as the material
      showing is the same color as the yunic of the man with the orange hood behind
      to the right, and also that of the man by the doorway. I'd say that's the
      tunic, and the funny garment is some kind of funny sucote.

      Just my guesses!

      Marianne