music anthology on ebay

  • rowen_g
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2002
      I have volume I of this; it's quite a good resource:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1548252442&ssPageNa
      me=ADME:B:ON:US:1

      (although it's often findable via Bookfinder.com as well.)

      Historical Anthology of Music - Oriental, Medieval, and Renaissance
      Music, by Archibald T. Davison and Willi Apel. Harvard; 1946; 1968.
      Revised Edition. NOT ex-library. 12.25"x 9.5"; 258 pp. Red cloth on
      boards in Very Good condition, with 2 tiny rubs-through at corners.
      Contents tight and clean. Compendium of scores representative of
      Oriental, Medieval, and Renaissance music. Oriental and Greek music:
      Chinese, Japanese, Siamese, Hindu, Arabian, Jewish, Greek, Byzantine.
      Early Medieval music: Liturgical Monophony, Religious and Secular
      Monophony, Early Polyphony, 13th Century Polyphony, 13th Century
      Dances. Late Medieval Music: English, French, Italian, German. Early
      15th Century: English and French. Late 15th Century: Flemish, French,
      German, English. Early 16th Century: Vocal Compositions, Instrumental
      Compositions, Vocal Compositions, Instrumental Pieces and Lute Songs,
      Vocal Compositions, Instrumental Compositions, Vocal Compositions.
      Late 16th Century: Vocal Compositions, Instrumental Compositions,
      Vocal Compositions, Instrumental Compositions. High bidder in U.S.
      pays $4.00 priority postage and handling. Heavy. Overseas customers
      contact me for postage rates to your country. See my other books on
      music at auction.