OT: Despina and her monitor problem

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
      From: "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>

      > At 11:59 AM 4/6/2001 -0400, you wrote:
      > >As long as you stop spewing it all over the keyboard when you laugh,
      > >sure... :-)

      I have a net.friend who is a certified net.goddess...her screen name is
      Kitten, and she's been around forever. She has Despina's problem, and
      posted about it so often that people started saying things like "I just
      kittened my Pepsi." It's become quite the widespread term on Usenetover the
      past 10 or so years, to the point that I see it in totally unrelated
      newsgroups, used by people who have NO idea where it came from.
      She's the only friend I have who is a verb!

      Jeanne
      net.geek since forever
    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
        There's a woman on other lists I'm on, Maggie, who is also a verb. Her name
        means "To do tons of research and to bend over backwards doing things the
        way they did it in period." Maybe I should send her an invitation here...

        Kass

        > I have a net.friend who is a certified net.goddess...her screen name is
        > Kitten, and she's been around forever. She has Despina's problem, and
        > posted about it so often that people started saying things like "I just
        > kittened my Pepsi." It's become quite the widespread term on Usenetover
        the
        > past 10 or so years, to the point that I see it in totally unrelated
        > newsgroups, used by people who have NO idea where it came from.
        > She's the only friend I have who is a verb!
        >
        > Jeanne
        > net.geek since forever

      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
          At 09:17 AM 4/9/2001 -0400, you wrote:
          There's a woman on other lists I'm on, Maggie, who is also a verb.  Her name
          means "To do tons of research and to bend over backwards doing things the
          way they did it in period."  Maybe I should send her an invitation here...

          Kass

          Sounds like it.  I am working my way through the mail, so don't go mail happy on me right now.  It's gonna take all day to catch up with you guys.

          Despina