Re: [Authentic_SCA]was Paint on Canvas Question, now colors

  • Danny McGee
    Message 1 of 91 , Jul 2, 2002
      Yikes! it took 4 days for this post to reach me, yahoo
      is actualy slower than the U.S. Postal service!

      As to the colors, There are some of the fabric paints
      that are too vibrant right out of the can and are
      obviously modern pigments. So I avoid the chrome
      yellows, neon blues and bright reds because they
      simply look wrong to my eye. I do use many rich,
      strong and deep colors, I just like to stay away from
      the glaring and garish ones.

      Tschuss!
      Erasmus

      "A man who works with his hand is a laborer;
      a man who works with his hands and his brain is a
      craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his
      brain and his heart is an artist."
      -Louis Nizer

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • marshamclean@rogers.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 8, 2002
        Forgive me for jumping in...

            ". . .   For example, the troll could say to the next year's troll 'I
        learnt that this will work better if we do thus for this reason'.  ANd the
        next year's troll will be there in the booth, witnessing the issue that
        needs soolution, instead of having to learn fresh the next year why the
        recommendation was in the last year's report (and then it's too late to
        act).  And that's my rant.

        Madinia"

        I'm sorry, this is going to be a rant back. The Pennsic Troll booth has been
        doing just that for YEARS. I mean YEARS. The only person who'd not be aware
        of that is someone who's rarely been in the troll booth. Please use a more
        informed example.

        In service and
        Testy, and rude enough to say "I'm sorry" (I''m sorry),
        Rosine
        Head troll for three years
        Deputy troll troll four times, including this year, after flip-flopping with
        my deputy so he could have the chance - and last year's Head Troll, who was
        MY deputy for two years, will be there for land grab specifically to help
        out - and NEXT year's head troll is a deputy this year and was one last year
        and the year before....)

        Grrrr..... (I agree with you about many of the more visable departments,
        though. Like, say - Autocrat's staff.)