Re: [Authentic_SCA] blackwork

  • Christina L Biles
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      It isn't online, but

      Strong, Roy C. (1969) English icon: Elizabethan & Jacobean portraiture.
      London: Paul Mellon Foundation for British Art

      is a really good source for Elizabethan portraits both male & female.
      Since I was looking through it this weekend, I can promise that you will
      find quite a bit of blackworked male costume.

      -Magdalena
    • skyecatuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Christina L Biles" <bilescl@o...> wrote:
        > It isn't online, but
        >
        > Strong, Roy C. (1969) English icon: Elizabethan & Jacobean
        portraiture.
        > London: Paul Mellon Foundation for British Art

        Dynasties: is good for the same reason:

        http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1854371576/qid=1025598368/sr=
        1-10/ref=sr_1_2_10/202-5081114-7614243

        Lisa