blackwork

  • philippe272000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Dose any one know any good sites for blackwork that is on men's garb?
    • Christina L Biles
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        It isn't online, but

        Strong, Roy C. (1969) English icon: Elizabethan & Jacobean portraiture.
        London: Paul Mellon Foundation for British Art

        is a really good source for Elizabethan portraits both male & female.
        Since I was looking through it this weekend, I can promise that you will
        find quite a bit of blackworked male costume.

        -Magdalena
      • skyecatuk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Christina L Biles" <bilescl@o...> wrote:
          > It isn't online, but
          >
          > Strong, Roy C. (1969) English icon: Elizabethan & Jacobean
          portraiture.
          > London: Paul Mellon Foundation for British Art

          Dynasties: is good for the same reason:

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1854371576/qid=1025598368/sr=
          1-10/ref=sr_1_2_10/202-5081114-7614243

          Lisa