Re: [Authentic_SCA] A proposal for Authenticity

  • Marianne Perdomo Machin
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 1 7:19 AM
      Greetings!

      Seems like an excellent idea!
      Regarding your text, I think it could be useful to name the "projects"
      included (numbering or similar will do). People who take care of the
      booklet project, for example, might not be the same as those with the
      "make garb for gold key" project or the "petition for clarification of
      corpora".

      As to the booklet, a few days ago Effingham (are you still here?)
      appeared on the Rialto saying that he'd like to work on a re-write of
      the Known World Handbook but in the past had got no answer from the
      relevant people. That's a worthy cause and I bet there are also others
      interested in improving the thing so that might be a way to get the
      booklet and do away with some of the less historic "official" info in
      one go.
      Alternatively, the project could get started anyway and be published
      independently if the SCA Inc won't take care of that (I favour
      web-publishing with the option of getting paper copies at cost,
      myself - like with the miscellany, etc.).

      I'm a jack of all trades and so not really good at anything in
      particular but I'd be happy to help with editing or html'ing or
      whatever I can do honorably and in spurts (spare time - what's that?).

      All the best!

      Marianne
      (Leonor Marti'n)

      Tom Knighton wrote:

      > http://www.dreamwater.net/edu/warband/proposal.htm
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 18 11:53 AM
        > >Gee, Despina, don't you want to throw in a couple of hand-sewn court
        > Elizabethans in there?
        > >
        > >If Gwendoline reads this, I'm a marked woman and it'll be your fault
        > Laurensa. I'm considering doing a couple of Elizabethan skirts and
        > doublets for an alternate English persona. *blush*
        >
        >I'm reading this late but, I've got you now. <G> I believe you would be
        >more comfortable in kirtles and doublets since I will argue the skirt
        >issue with you. : )

        EEEPPPPP!!!!!!!!! Great! Now I'll never escape! *resigned sigh*

        I'm considering doing this because my laurel is a German who was shipped to
        England at a young age in an agreement for his apprenticeship to a jeweler
        and painter and his wife is English all the way. I just thought it would
        be cool if I surprised them by doing a persona shift to their island for an
        outfit or two. *grin*

        > > >(And where do you buy goatskin?)
        > >
        > >Talas. It's a beautiful French goatskin that cost me $82 - the last of
        > my spare money after I bought my linen
        >
        >Do you have the contact info for these people?

        Sure, http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?category=148 is the direct link
        to their parchement pages, http://talasonline.com/ puts you at their homepage.

        Smiles,
        Despina