laurel tourney

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      At 01:54 PM 7/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >Its kind of a shame that it sounds like the Laurels tournament at Pennsic
      >could end being fought using a format that doesn't resemble what we believe
      >was used in period (i.e. double elimination, round robin etc...). I was
      >hoping that the Laurels would be the most likely to insist on a historic
      >format.

      You have to remember that, while the tournament will be fought by laurels
      and it's devised for laurels - they aren't the ones setting it up or
      running it. That's not to say that a few of them couldn't get together and
      make a suggestion of a more period style tournament for next year. *grin*

      Smiles,
      Despina
    • Steven Proctor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        Doh! Interesting point. I had kind of assumed that, but now that you
        mention it there's nothing about it being a 'period form' in the
        announcement, is there... Hmmmm

        Not like I'm going to make it this year (I have a Pelican doc. due *at*
        the war, and I've just been asked to do a County, due less than a month
        after the war...) but I would really like to see this as a period forms
        tourney, yes... I think it's a missed opportunity, otherwise. Still fun,
        but why not have fun and be educational at the same time?

        Ta

        Adhemar

        --
        Virgule gazed across the vast, cold, steel expanse past his inquisitor
        to witness the full consequence of his previous decision - feral,

        GH/TW d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@
        DI++ D G e+>e++ r* z++ k++ !f X+