chopines was Re: [Authentic_SCA] many posts combined

  • Gwendoline Rosamond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      I've looked at the gold chopines myself and have a good photo of them. The
      foot area is flat - no shaping but the wood is covered with patterned
      leather. The base of the chopines has an almost clover shape look - oval
      wit slight indents on sides and at front and back. There is a leather sole
      (approx. 1/4 inch thick) with what looks like a thumb tack right in the
      middle of the sole into the hollowed out area.

      Does that help? Oh, the report on the chopines says it is needlelace
      around the base - but that isn't the case - it is actually bobbin lace. I
      don't know whether or not they have changed their info yet.

      Cheers,
      Gwendoline (known as "the Elizabethan Lady" at the Bata). <G>