A proposal for Authenticity

  • Tom Knighton
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 30, 2002
      After several discussions on a message board, I came up with this modest proposal.  I'd like for you guys to take a look.  Please feel free to pass this along anywhere you think it may help.

      This consists of the best ideas I could come up with after talking with many people. I figured you all here would be interested to see it.

      In Service,

      Tiarna Bran mac Scandlan
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 18 11:53 AM
        > >Gee, Despina, don't you want to throw in a couple of hand-sewn court
        > Elizabethans in there?
        > >
        > >If Gwendoline reads this, I'm a marked woman and it'll be your fault
        > Laurensa. I'm considering doing a couple of Elizabethan skirts and
        > doublets for an alternate English persona. *blush*
        >
        >I'm reading this late but, I've got you now. <G> I believe you would be
        >more comfortable in kirtles and doublets since I will argue the skirt
        >issue with you. : )

        EEEPPPPP!!!!!!!!! Great! Now I'll never escape! *resigned sigh*

        I'm considering doing this because my laurel is a German who was shipped to
        England at a young age in an agreement for his apprenticeship to a jeweler
        and painter and his wife is English all the way. I just thought it would
        be cool if I surprised them by doing a persona shift to their island for an
        outfit or two. *grin*

        > > >(And where do you buy goatskin?)
        > >
        > >Talas. It's a beautiful French goatskin that cost me $82 - the last of
        > my spare money after I bought my linen
        >
        >Do you have the contact info for these people?

        Sure, http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?category=148 is the direct link
        to their parchement pages, http://talasonline.com/ puts you at their homepage.

        Smiles,
        Despina