Re: [Authentic_SCA] Le Poulet Gauceh

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002
      At 02:35 PM 6/28/2002 -0400, you wrote:
      >That would be an *amazing* Pennsic experience. Can you see it? An
      >authentic tavern (you have to DO persona to eat there). Wowza.

      Bogdan has a dream of a completely period eating establishment at Pennsic
      which, of course, serves only period food. Pray for us to hit the lotto if
      you ever want to see it from us, as that's the only way it would ever happen.

      There was an all-period food place there once. Unfortunately, it was
      before my and Bogdan's time at Pennsic.

      Smiles,
      Despina
    • ladymorwenna
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002
        > Bogdan has a dream of a completely period eating establishment at
        > Pennsic which, of course, serves only period food. Pray for us to
        > hit the lotto if you ever want to see it from us, as that's the only
        > way it would ever happen.

        And even then you'd have to be able to get space in the Food Court
        from the Coopers. That was part of the reason why LePG never made it
        to Pennsic.

        > There was an all-period food place there once. Unfortunately, it
        > was before my and Bogdan's time at Pennsic.
        >
        > Smiles,
        > Despina

        The Sated Tyger? There was Battlefield Bakery too... Both run by Old
        Marian of Edwinstowe.

        --Morwenna
        outta here to go sailing all weekend!
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002

          > > There was an all-period food place there once. Unfortunately, it
          > > was before my and Bogdan's time at Pennsic.
          >

          >The Sated Tyger? There was Battlefield Bakery too... Both run by Old
          >Marian of Edwinstowe.

          yeah. *wistful sigh* Wish we coulda been there.

          >--Morwenna
          >outta here to go sailing all weekend!

          Have fun. I 've got a big band concert tonight and a swing band concert on
          Sunday - I'm attending, not playing an instrument! *grin*

          Smiles,
          Despina de la won't leave for a little while yet
        • marshamclean@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
                > Sailing!!? 8^P <many envious raspberries>

                And it was wonderful...

                > I envision the tavern as located in a private camp (at least at
                > first), at the edge, right by the road where all could see in. A
                > group which has subscribed, and can do the persona play, has this as
                > their food plan.

                This sound much saner than running an actual tavern where you have no
                idea how many you'll be feeding at any given meal.

                To get started, you could host a "persona dinner". We try to do this
                each Pennsic when it's our turn to cook dinner. The food is
                documentable and the conversation should be as well. It's not as
                elaborate as LePG, but still quite satisfying.

                The first time I was involved, we (that is, Yevsha and I) spit-roasted
                a leg of boar. It wasn't quite done in the middle by the time the
                guests arrived (note: do not use a fire *pit* when spit roasting), so
                I was hacking off portions to cook separately and getting a little
                frantic. My maid came out of the dining tent, firmly took the knife
                from me and said "My Lady, your friends await!" What would we do
                without servants? : )

                <snip>

                > This is very complicated, and while I would be able to help with the
                organization, the food part defeats me.

                > Madinia

                The actual cooking or the sources? I'm sure you can find some help
                with both here! What time period are you looking at?

                --Morwenna