Pleating

  • Apollonia Margherita
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2002
      I am just about to start pleating my camicia from Reconstructing History.  Any tips, hints?

      Thanks,

      Apollonia

      P.S. Gerita, I hope your feast turns out well...I know beans about period food.  It's on my list of things to learn....
    • Carolle M Cox
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2002
        Use a fork, Appollonia! It makes the pleats more even.

        It'd better - it's my first all on my own, and i honestly feel like i'm
        birthing the wretched thing!

        Gerita

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2002
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Carolle M Cox" <hpockets@g...> wrote:
          > Use a fork, Appollonia! It makes the pleats more even.

          OK. I'm intrigued.

          What do you mean?

          Lisa or Elysabeth
        • Carolle M Cox
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
            Prepare the edge of your fabric as you normally would to pleat it.
            Take a fork and stick the tines down over the fabric. Twist the fork. Pin
            between two tines. Lift off the fork. See the cute little pleat? If you
            pin between the same one every time, and are willing to 'play' to get your
            distance the way you want it, fork-pleating goes very quickly!

            Gerita

            > > Use a fork, Appollonia! It makes the pleats more even.
            >
            > OK. I'm intrigued.
            >
            > What do you mean?
            >
            > Lisa or Elysabeth

          • skyecatuk
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Carolle M Cox" <hpockets@g...> wrote:
              > Prepare the edge of your fabric as you normally would to pleat it.
              > Take a fork and stick the tines down over the fabric. Twist the
              fork. Pin
              > between two tines. Lift off the fork. See the cute little pleat?
              If you
              > pin between the same one every time, and are willing to 'play' to
              get your
              > distance the way you want it, fork-pleating goes very quickly!
              >
              > Gerita

              OOOOO

              (thinks about this)

              I'll have to try that sometime.