Banner Question

  • vsct_caius
    Message 1 of 91 , Jun 24, 2002
      Unto the list, greetings.

      I was noting the occurrence of the pennon-type banner (long,
      two-tailed) flying in the breeze at our Crown last weekend, and
      thinking I might like to build one of those.

      They all seemed to be painted on silk, though, and I'm just not sure
      that's a period way to go.

      Anyone have a suggestion as to what I might use as the main cloth of
      the banner? And would painting be the way to go, or should it be
      something else?

      These are the banners that are three-parted, with a motto in diagonal
      white stripes separating the sections, long and flowing banners.

      Thanks,
      Gaius
    • marshamclean@rogers.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 8, 2002
        Forgive me for jumping in...

            ". . .   For example, the troll could say to the next year's troll 'I
        learnt that this will work better if we do thus for this reason'.  ANd the
        next year's troll will be there in the booth, witnessing the issue that
        needs soolution, instead of having to learn fresh the next year why the
        recommendation was in the last year's report (and then it's too late to
        act).  And that's my rant.

        Madinia"

        I'm sorry, this is going to be a rant back. The Pennsic Troll booth has been
        doing just that for YEARS. I mean YEARS. The only person who'd not be aware
        of that is someone who's rarely been in the troll booth. Please use a more
        informed example.

        In service and
        Testy, and rude enough to say "I'm sorry" (I''m sorry),
        Rosine
        Head troll for three years
        Deputy troll troll four times, including this year, after flip-flopping with
        my deputy so he could have the chance - and last year's Head Troll, who was
        MY deputy for two years, will be there for land grab specifically to help
        out - and NEXT year's head troll is a deputy this year and was one last year
        and the year before....)

        Grrrr..... (I agree with you about many of the more visable departments,
        though. Like, say - Autocrat's staff.)