Re: [Authentic_SCA] My household site - what about yours?

  • Kirrily Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
      Lisa wrote:
      > Looking at the A&S pics got me thinking. I'd love to see local
      > pictures of you guys, perhaps the local household / shire, whatever.
      >
      > I really enjoy seeing what other people are up to all over the world.

      The crowd I mostly play with (though I'm not a member of the household)
      are at http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/

      Yours,

      Katherine

      katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/
    • Steven Proctor
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
        The site for my household is http://www.maisonstclaire.org/

        It's still in the 'under construction' stages in a lot of places, but
        I'm working on it day by day...

        Ta

        Morgan

        skyecatuk wrote:

        > Looking at the A&S pics got me thinking. I'd love to see local
        > pictures of you guys, perhaps the local household / shire, whatever.
        >
        > I really enjoy seeing what other people are up to all over the world.
        >
        > So, I'll start <G>
        >
        > http://www.brighthelm.org/ is the household I'm in. They're lots of
        > fun.
        >
        > The Photos section shows what we get up to. I'd particularly like to
        > show you the Warbands photos, where we get to go play in a castle in
        > Aberdeenshire. Busy with preparations at the mo. You might well like
        > looking at the Coronation photos in Wales too. We used Caerphilly
        > castle for that.
        >
        > The main shire site is http://www.harpelstane.org/ but it appears to
        > be dead at the mo for some reason.
        >
        > What about the rest of you?
        >
        > Lisa
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Virgule gazed across the vast, cold, steel expanse past his inquisitor
        to witness the full consequence of his previous decision - feral,
        withered children, in tattered, filthy garments, toiled mindlessly at
        his command in a single chamber which reeked of oil and burning animal
        flesh - his time had come to deliver the final instruction; "Yes! I
        would like fries with that."

        GH/TW d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@
        DI++ D G e+>e++ r* z++ k++ !f X+
      • Gwendoline Rosamond
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
          Lisa,

          Have we met? I was at the FarIsles Coronation.... You can see me sitting
          beside Teddy in http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=386
          Or, heading out the bottom right hand corner of the photo here:
          http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=393

          I don't belong to a household so I don't have a return site. : )

          Cheers,
          Gwendoline

          At 09:33 AM 5/31/2002 +0000, you wrote:
          >Looking at the A&S pics got me thinking. I'd love to see local
          >pictures of you guys, perhaps the local household / shire, whatever.
          >
          >I really enjoy seeing what other people are up to all over the world.
          >
          >So, I'll start <G>
          >
          >http://www.brighthelm.org/ is the household I'm in. They're lots of
          >fun.
          >
          >The Photos section shows what we get up to. I'd particularly like to
          >show you the Warbands photos, where we get to go play in a castle in
          >Aberdeenshire. Busy with preparations at the mo. You might well like
          >looking at the Coronation photos in Wales too. We used Caerphilly
          >castle for that.
          >
          >The main shire site is http://www.harpelstane.org/ but it appears to
          >be dead at the mo for some reason.
          >

          >What about the rest of you?
          >
          >Lisa
        • Gwendoline Rosamond
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
            At 08:18 AM 6/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
            >Lisa wrote:
            > > Looking at the A&S pics got me thinking. I'd love to see local
            > > pictures of you guys, perhaps the local household / shire, whatever.
            > >
            > > I really enjoy seeing what other people are up to all over the world.
            >
            >The crowd I mostly play with (though I'm not a member of the household)
            >are at <http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/>http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/
            >
            >Yours,
            >
            >Katherine

            LOL! I looked at the website, and discovered I'm still listed in it. My
            name is spelled wrong but, I'm still there. The whole fish thing started
            as a joke between Aidan & I. For awhile we were really the only two
            fencers in Caldrithig. <G> Talk about a blast from the past! Thanks for
            posting that.

            Cheers,
            Gwendoline
          • Kirrily Robert
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
              Gwendoline wrote:
              >>The crowd I mostly play with (though I'm not a member of the household)
              >>are at <http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/>http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/
              >>
              > LOL! I looked at the website, and discovered I'm still listed in it. My
              > name is spelled wrong but, I'm still there. The whole fish thing started
              > as a joke between Aidan & I. For awhile we were really the only two
              > fencers in Caldrithig. <G> Talk about a blast from the past! Thanks for
              > posting that.

              Want me to tell the webmistress about the correct spelling of you name,
              or anything else?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
                At 08:16 PM 6/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
                >Gwendoline wrote:
                > >>The crowd I mostly play with (though I'm not a member of the household)
                > >>are at
                > <<http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/>http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/>http://skraeling.sca.org/xiphias/
                > >>
                > > LOL! I looked at the website, and discovered I'm still listed in it. My
                > > name is spelled wrong but, I'm still there. The whole fish thing started
                > > as a joke between Aidan & I. For awhile we were really the only two
                > > fencers in Caldrithig. <G> Talk about a blast from the past! Thanks for
                > > posting that.
                >
                >Want me to tell the webmistress about the correct spelling of you name,
                >or anything else?
                >
                >Yours,
                >
                >Katherine

                Sure. It's Gwendoline Rosamond. I don't know if the webmistress might
                want to add the fact that I'm now in the Middle Kingdom.

                Cheers,
                Gwendoline
              • skyecatuk
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2002
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Gwendoline Rosamond <dameg@a...> wrote:
                  > Lisa,
                  >
                  > Have we met? I was at the FarIsles Coronation.... You can see me
                  sitting
                  > beside Teddy in http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=386
                  > Or, heading out the bottom right hand corner of the photo here:
                  > http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=393

                  No, we haven't met. You may well have met Richard, Gytha and Jenny
                  though. I think they were the folk from the household that went down
                  to the coronation.

                  Lisa
                • Gwendoline Rosamond
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2002
                    At 09:33 AM 6/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                    >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Gwendoline Rosamond <dameg@a...> wrote:
                    > > Lisa,
                    > >
                    > > Have we met? I was at the FarIsles Coronation.... You can see me
                    >sitting
                    > > beside Teddy in
                    > <http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=386>http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=386
                    > > Or, heading out the bottom right hand corner of the photo here:
                    > >
                    > <http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=393>http://www.brighthelm.org/?page=5&album=16&photo=393
                    >
                    >No, we haven't met. You may well have met Richard, Gytha and Jenny
                    >though. I think they were the folk from the household that went down
                    >to the coronation.
                    >
                    >Lisa

                    Oh well, maybe we can meet this January. I'm planning to go back to
                    England for the month again if I can. I'm horrible with names so I really
                    couldn't remember who I had met. : )

                    Cheers,
                    GWendoline