Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Quiet isn't it?

  • Kirrily Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
      Madinia wrote:
      > I went to Ealdormere crown with Katherine and then led her into temptation. We each carried huge piles of stuff around -The- kitchen stuff store while she repeated "I have a budget for this" like a mantra. Then a smiling employee brought us a mini-cart (didn't know they had 'em) and we over loaded it before continuing. Katherine found wooden framed sieves lke the one Elizabeth carries in a portrait, a large tin strainer for camp, spoons and ladles (some still had hammer marks), cast iron griddle, wood chip bowls for serving... ad backache<G>. But she was a good girl in Little India, so... We Indian feasted and Dim Sum-d. Lots of fun!

      Yes, Madinia is a temptress, and yes, I did have a budget for it. I
      have a reasonable three-figure number set aside for pre-Pennsic spending
      on camping stuff.

      The sieve I got is not quite like the picture:
      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Portal/6975/sieve.jpg
      Mine has a woven metal mesh on the flat face, but at least it's the same
      shape, instead of using something totally different.

      I think I have about 1/2 the camp kitchen I want, now. I still want to
      get a couple of cauldrons, a tripod/spit setup, some appropriate knives,
      jugs, and a big chopping block.

      Yours,

      Katherine

      katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/