Re: Cool new book!

  • rowen_g
    Message 1 of 18 , May 30, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., <marshamclean@r...> wrote:
      > I bought it for the illustrations of Mughal Indian costume. I
      cannot match the pics in Deserps with any other illumination I have.
      I do wonder (since the surviving illums are almost all high-caste) if
      he drew low-caste people who wore different clothing...

      > I love these books because they let me see how contemporaries
      percieved the period clothing.

      > Madinia

      I know - I'm fascinated by the idea of what folk in other countries
      *thought* the Scots or Irish (or anyone else) looked like. I suspect
      that (like Vecellio) the farther one gets from the author's home turf,
      the more speculative the illustrations become. ;)

      Rowen