Quiet isn't it?

  • Tom Knighton
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2002
      I was wondering where everyone was.  Big events this weekend????

      Bran
    • Theresa Brooks
      Message 2 of 9 , May 26, 2002
        Hi Bran :)

        The EK started  (well I consider it started and its what I think that matters LOL)
        Its major camping season this weekend. We have War of the Roses in the Albany NY area and Panteria in VT... I know there are a few other events out there also.

        Isabella

        I was wondering where everyone was.  Big events this weekend????

        Bran

      • Jenn Ridley
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2002
          On Sat, 25 May 2002 16:22:57 -0400, "Tom Knighton"
          <badceltic1@...> wrote:

          >I was wondering where everyone was. Big events this weekend????

          A lot of the midrealmers on the list are probably at Midrealm Crown
          Tourney and A&S.

          stasia/jenn
          --
          Jenn Ridley
          jridley@...
          Message 4 of 9 , May 28, 2002
            Some Outlands folk had gone off to Grand Outlandish; I was in town,
            but computerless. (I did get a lot of housework dohe, and refrained
            from buying any fabric, although it was on sale. ;)

            Rowen

            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jenn Ridley <jridley@c...> wrote:
            > On Sat, 25 May 2002 16:22:57 -0400, "Tom Knighton"
            > <badceltic1@r...> wrote:
            >
            > >I was wondering where everyone was. Big events this weekend????
            > >

            > A lot of the midrealmers on the list are probably at Midrealm Crown
            > Tourney and A&S.
            >
            > stasia/jenn
            > --
            > Jenn Ridley
            > jridley@c...
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 9 , May 28, 2002
              > > A lot of the midrealmers on the list are probably at Midrealm Crown
              > Tourney and A&S.

              And I was one of them. The weather was perfect except for one deluge that
              lasted less than two hours at the end of the day Saturday.

              Kingdom A&S Pentathalon was won by Lady Roxalinda who does tons of stuff
              with beads - this was her second year in a row entering the Pentathlon and
              she had 7, not 5, entries overall in A&S! Someone else had a cool display
              on raising silkworms from eggs to cocoon that was fascinating, I got to
              watch them spin!

              The new Midrealm Tanist is Thegn Tarrach Alfson (known as Tarrach) who is a
              viscount, a knight, and a laurel and has received both the Middle Kingdom
              award for authenticity and been inducted into the Order that Northshield
              has for authenticity in persona. He won for his Lady, Bana bhiocas Fina
              ingen (known as Fina) who is a viscountess and a laurel and has also been
              inducted into the Order Northshield has for authenticity in persona.

              Yes, our Principality of Northshield has finally produced someone who will
              be King of the Midrealm. It's wonderful to see and the People of
              Northshield are giddy with joy. (They are in the throws of exploring
              becoming a kingdom and I think this will help them immensely in that
              exploration.)

              Looks like it'll be two good reigns in a row! Not that the previous ones
              were bad, but these people like raising the bar and recognizing those who
              do as encouragement to others.

              Smiles,
              Despina
            • marshamclean@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 28, 2002
                I went to Ealdormere crown with Katherine and then led her into temptation. We each carried huge piles of stuff around -The- kitchen stuff store while she repeated "I have a budget for this" like a mantra. Then a smiling employee brought us a mini-cart (didn't know they had 'em) and we over loaded it before continuing. Katherine found wooden framed sieves lke the one Elizabeth carries in a portrait, a large tin strainer for camp, spoons and ladles (some still had hammer marks), cast iron griddle, wood chip bowls for serving... ad backache<G>. But she was a good girl in Little India, so... We Indian feasted and Dim Sum-d. Lots of fun!

                Madinia - how I spent my weekend.

                And now I get to clean for a parental visit.

                > From: "rowen_g" <rowengr@...>
                > Date: 2002/05/28 Tue PM 03:04:21 GMT
                > To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Quiet isn't it?
                >
                > Some Outlands folk had gone off to Grand Outlandish; I was in town,
                > but computerless. (I did get a lot of housework dohe, and refrained
                > from buying any fabric, although it was on sale. ;)
                >
                > Rowen
                >
                > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Jenn Ridley <jridley@c...> wrote:
                > > On Sat, 25 May 2002 16:22:57 -0400, "Tom Knighton"
                > > <badceltic1@r...> wrote:
                > >
                > > >I was wondering where everyone was. Big events this weekend????
                > > >

                > > A lot of the midrealmers on the list are probably at Midrealm Crown
                > > Tourney and A&S.
                > >
                > > stasia/jenn
                > > --
                > > Jenn Ridley
                > > jridley@c...

              • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                Message 7 of 9 , May 28, 2002
                  At 03:29 PM 5/28/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                  >I went to Ealdormere crown

                  So who won in Ealdormere?

                  Smiles,
                  Despina de la had two friends fighting there
                • marshamclean@rogers.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 28, 2002
                    Roak for his wife Arlette. Against Berus(for Marion) in the finals. Baron Malik was in the semis.

                    Madinia

                    > From: "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>
                    > Date: 2002/05/28 Tue PM 03:33:59 GMT
                    > To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Quiet isn't it?
                    >
                    > At 03:29 PM 5/28/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                    > >I went to Ealdormere crown
                    >
                    > So who won in Ealdormere?
                    >
                    > Smiles,
                    > Despina de la had two friends fighting there

                  • Kirrily Robert
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
                      Madinia wrote:
                      > I went to Ealdormere crown with Katherine and then led her into temptation. We each carried huge piles of stuff around -The- kitchen stuff store while she repeated "I have a budget for this" like a mantra. Then a smiling employee brought us a mini-cart (didn't know they had 'em) and we over loaded it before continuing. Katherine found wooden framed sieves lke the one Elizabeth carries in a portrait, a large tin strainer for camp, spoons and ladles (some still had hammer marks), cast iron griddle, wood chip bowls for serving... ad backache<G>. But she was a good girl in Little India, so... We Indian feasted and Dim Sum-d. Lots of fun!

                      Yes, Madinia is a temptress, and yes, I did have a budget for it. I
                      have a reasonable three-figure number set aside for pre-Pennsic spending
                      on camping stuff.

                      The sieve I got is not quite like the picture:
                      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Portal/6975/sieve.jpg
                      Mine has a woven metal mesh on the flat face, but at least it's the same
                      shape, instead of using something totally different.

                      I think I have about 1/2 the camp kitchen I want, now. I still want to
                      get a couple of cauldrons, a tripod/spit setup, some appropriate knives,
                      jugs, and a big chopping block.

                      Yours,

                      Katherine

                      katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/