Re: [Authentic_SCA] I got an A!!

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 28 , May 9, 2002
      WooHoo! Way to go Bran! :-D

      I've poked at it, but I haven't actually sat down and read the whole
      thing all the way through. Good opening, I thought. Catches the
      attention. :-)

      Ta

      Morgan

      Jeff Gedney wrote:

      > I just got my grades for the Research paper class.
      >
      > "A" for the oral presentation
      > "A" for the final paper
      >
      > "A" for the course
      >
      > I posted the Paper to the Files section early last week, and I have
      > seen no
      > comment on it.
      > I had hoped somebody here would have read it... <pout>
      >
      > Elias Gedney
      >
      > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      > Love is like a boomerang, It only comes back to you if you throw it
      > really
      > hard.
      > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [Click Here!]

      It's 6:15, she thought, and the newspaper should be here by now, then
      she opened her door and realized with disgust that the paper boy was
      still in her bedroom.

      GH/TW d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@
      DI++ D G e+>e++ r* z++ k++ !f X+
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 28 , May 9, 2002
        At 02:26 PM 5/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
        >I just got my grades for the Research paper class.
        >
        >"A" for the oral presentation
        >"A" for the final paper
        >
        >"A" for the course

        Congratulations, woohoo!, ViVant! Huzzah! Hubah! and all the other jazz
        that says great job!

        >I posted the Paper to the Files section early last week, and I have seen no
        >comment on it.
        >I had hoped somebody here would have read it... <pout>

        I'll print it out and read it while sitting in bed this afternoon. Sorry I
        didn't get to it earlier. I'm battling a particularly nasty sinus
        infection and am about to retire for the day.

        Smiles,
        Despina
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 28 , May 9, 2002
          At 02:34 PM 5/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:

          >Thanks Despina for the url and thank you for the example!
          >
          >That was extremely helpful.

          You're welcome. I thought of another period lunch from an event in February.

          Meat in pastry with a pepper sauce - was exactly what it sounds like.
          *grin* The pepper sauce was poured into a hole in the coffin (pastry
          sourrounding the meat). We actually put it on the side, I think, to make
          it easier to eat without utensils

          Cinnamon pie - simple crust, filling is eggs, cinnamon and almonds (yes,
          this was part of the Spring Faire menu too, we had to try the stuff!)

          Endive salad - we had the endive in a plastic ziploc and poured it into a
          serving bowl then dressed it with oil, vinegar, and salt. it wasn't soggy.

          Pistachios - for munching through the day
          Apples and Pears - for munching
          I'm pretty sure we had some cheese as well.

          I know we had more at this event to eat but I can't think of it right
          now. We were feeding either 8 or 10 for this lunch. Very few people could
          finish their entire lunch. *grin*

          >Yer a doll!!!

          Of course I am! *grin* I'm about to go lay in bed again.

          >*PA is calling youuuuuuuu*

          Again? Last week it was NJ. LOL!

          Smiles,
          Despina
        • Dianne and Greg Stucki
          Message 4 of 28 , May 9, 2002

            > Cinnamon pie - simple crust, filling is eggs, cinnamon and almonds (yes,
            > this was part of the Spring Faire menu too, we had to try the stuff!)
            Must try. Would recipe be available, pretty please?

            drooollll

            >> *PA is calling youuuuuuuu*
            >
            > Again?  Last week it was NJ.  LOL!

            no, no i am pretty sure it was PA

            it's close to NJ anyway.
            *probably* NJ was saying come to PA so you will be close to it.
            not move to NJ.
            ^_^
            I am sure that is what it was

            Ysse's right, you know. PA is calling you.

            man it is gorgeous out here!
            I am so glad we moved, save for the people I had hoped to meet.

            Isn't it bee yoo tee full, Ysse? Us flatlanders really enjoy all these purty mountains!

            Alisone

            BUT there is always pennsic and I am going to be there!

            *does pennsic dance*

            Ysabella

          • aheilvei
            Message 5 of 28 , May 9, 2002
              > > Cinnamon pie - simple crust, filling is eggs, cinnamon and
              almonds (yes, this was part of the Spring Faire menu too, we had to
              try the stuff!)
              > Must try. Would recipe be available, pretty please?

              In the files, under Despina and Bogdan is the full feast booklet from
              Spring Faire. it contains this recipt.

              > no, no i am pretty sure it was PA
              >
              > it's close to NJ anyway.
              > *probably* NJ was saying come to PA so you will be close to it.
              > not move to NJ.
              > ^_^
              > I am sure that is what it was
              >
              > Ysse's right, you know. PA is calling you.

              Weelllll, Bogdan's going to visit PA for a conference. maybe it got
              mixed up. He's not going to do much of anything but his conference
              though. I'll be in PA this summer - for Pennsic! *grin*

              Smiles,
              Despina de la going back to her sick bed now
            • marshamclean@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                Mount Holly? As in between Grand Blanc and Fenton? Is this a Michigan girl I see before me?

                Madinia

                > From: Zohra Rawling <zisaac@...>
                > Date: 2002/05/09 Thu PM 06:53:52 EDT
                > To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] portable camping stuff
                >

                > --On Thursday, May 9, 2002 3:41 PM -0400 Dianne and Greg Stucki
                > <goofy1@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Isn't it bee yoo tee full, Ysse? Us flatlanders really enjoy all these
                > > purty mountains!
                > >
                > > Alisone
                >
                > yesh it is!!!
                >
                > I can see mountains from house
                >
                > reall live mountains...not "mount holly"
                > I am talking *mountains* and *huge* tracks of land
                >
                > *giggle*
                > and there is a huge river and fog!!
                > and it is all so magical in the morning...ooooooaahhhhhhh
                >

                > ysse

              • Rich Auklandus
                Message 7 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                  Hah. You call THOSE mountains?

                  Come to California where we REALLY have mountains. I can see them from my
                  office window. Snow and everything. AND gambling in them thar mountains.

                  Gaius
                  <COME WEST.....>

                  >From: Zohra Rawling <zisaac@...>
                  >To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] portable camping stuff
                  >Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:53:52 -0700
                  >

                  >--On Thursday, May 9, 2002 3:41 PM -0400 Dianne and Greg Stucki
                  ><goofy1@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Isn't it bee yoo tee full, Ysse? Us flatlanders really enjoy all these
                  > > purty mountains!
                  > >
                  > > Alisone
                  >
                  >yesh it is!!!
                  >
                  >I can see mountains from house
                  >
                  >reall live mountains...not "mount holly"
                  >I am talking *mountains* and *huge* tracks of land
                  >
                  >*giggle*
                  >and there is a huge river and fog!!
                  >and it is all so magical in the morning...ooooooaahhhhhhh
                  >

                  >ysse

                • Stephen Bergdahl
                  Message 8 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                    Elias I would agree that a pot big enough for 300 gallons would be
                    metal, as the later you get the more metal pots you get. I am dealing
                    with a Viking pots, 8-9th Century. That is why I want to use clay. And
                    I am sure that most Viking house holds had a large metal pot, made by
                    over lapping plates. But I just don't want to deal with having it made
                    and then having to carry it. Mexican made clay cooking pots can be
                    found here in California, and they are very close to the period forms.

                    Lord Vich

                    Lord Vich

                    Jeff Gedney wrote:

                    > By the 14th century, Cast iron as a technology was not that uncommon.
                    > By the end of the 15th century nearly every household had at least
                    > one,
                    > though it frequently served multiple uses in the household. There are
                    > manuscript illustrations of large footed cast iron kettles being used
                    > to bathe the baby.
                    >
                    > I am suspicious of any blanket claims that clay would have been used
                    > predominantly without support. I cannot conceive of a clay pot big
                    > enough to make two hogsheads (about 300 - 700 gallons! -depending on
                    > the measure of hogshead) of ale a week, but that is fairly well
                    > established to be the quantity produced by the housewife of a moderate
                    > household by the death of Henry VII.
                    >
                    > Elias Gedney
                  • Jeanne Harney
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                      Message 10 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                        Now, now--we do have lots of rivers in "ye auld homeland"...let's not get carried away!

                        Alisone

                        Message 11 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                          Been west. Spent three years in Arizona. Didn't like it. ( Too hot, too hot, too HOT!)

                          Alisone

                          likes the East Coast
                          Come to California where we REALLY have mountains. I can see them from my
                          office window. Snow and everything. AND gambling in them thar mountains.

                          Gaius
                          <COME WEST.....>

                          >From: Zohra Rawling <zisaac@...>
                          >To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] portable camping stuff
                          >Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:53:52 -0700
                          >

                          >--On Thursday, May 9, 2002 3:41 PM -0400 Dianne and Greg Stucki
                          ><goofy1@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Isn't it bee yoo tee full, Ysse? Us flatlanders really enjoy all these
                          > > purty mountains!
                          > >
                          > > Alisone
                          >
                          >yesh it is!!!
                          >
                          >I can see mountains from house
                          >
                          >reall live mountains...not "mount holly"
                          >I am talking *mountains* and *huge* tracks of land
                          >
                          >*giggle*
                          >and there is a huge river and fog!!
                          >and it is all so magical in the morning...ooooooaahhhhhhh
                          >

                          >ysse

                        • Zohra Rawling

                            Message 13 of 28 , May 9, 2002

                              > You're welcome. I thought of another period lunch from an event in
                              > February.

                              yay!! more examples!

                              > Meat in pastry with a pepper sauce - was exactly what it sounds like.
                              > *grin* The pepper sauce was poured into a hole in the coffin (pastry
                              > sourrounding the meat). We actually put it on the side, I think, to make
                              > it easier to eat without utensils

                              like a dipping sauce?

                              > Cinnamon pie - simple crust, filling is eggs, cinnamon and almonds (yes,
                              > this was part of the Spring Faire menu too, we had to try the stuff!)

                              drooollll

                              > I know we had more at this event to eat but I can't think of it right
                              > now. We were feeding either 8 or 10 for this lunch. Very few people
                              > could finish their entire lunch. *grin*

                              well this is really helpful for me.
                              For some reason I always need examples and then my brain says "oh ok!"

                              >> Yer a doll!!!
                              >
                              > Of course I am! *grin* I'm about to go lay in bed again.

                              LOL!

                              Message 14 of 28 , May 9, 2002

                                Message 15 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                                  --On Thursday, May 9, 2002 4:09 PM -0400 marshamclean@... wrote:

                                  > Mount Holly? As in between Grand Blanc and Fenton? Is this a Michigan
                                  > girl I see before me?
                                  >
                                  > Madinia

                                  LOL!

                                  yes it 'tis

                                  ^_^

                                  but she ran to PA and is very happy too!

                                  Ysabella
                                • Zohra Rawling
                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                                    --On Thursday, May 9, 2002 1:09 PM -0700 Rich Auklandus
                                    <vsct_caius@...> wrote:

                                    > Hah. You call THOSE mountains?
                                    >
                                    > Come to California where we REALLY have mountains. I can see them from my
                                    > office window. Snow and everything. AND gambling in them thar mountains.
                                    >
                                    > Gaius
                                    > <COME WEST.....>

                                    I working through them slowly

                                    ^_^

                                    don't want me to loose my or anything with those giant-ee-moose mountains

                                    LOL

                                    ysse
                                  • Zohra Rawling
                                    Message 17 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                                      --On Thursday, May 9, 2002 5:09 PM -0400 Dianne and Greg Stucki
                                      <goofy1@...> wrote:

                                      > Now, now--we do have lots of rivers in "ye auld homeland"...let's not get
                                      > carried away!
                                      >
                                      > Alisone

                                      yeah but the huron has nothing on this one

                                      LOL

                                      although I do miss the great lakes

                                      boy I bet everyone is realllly interested LOL

                                      *sorry back to your original programming*

                                      ysse
                                    • MarshaMclean
                                      Message 18 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                                        Ahhh. I grew up in Flint and now I'm in Toronto. Small world.

                                        Madinia
                                        > > Mount Holly? As in between Grand Blanc and Fenton? Is this a Michigan
                                        > > girl I see before me?
                                        > >
                                        > > Madinia
                                        > >

                                        > LOL!
                                        >
                                        > yes it 'tis
                                        >
                                        > ^_^
                                        >
                                        > but she ran to PA and is very happy too!
                                        >
                                        > Ysabella

                                      • MarshaMclean
                                        Message 19 of 28 , May 9, 2002
                                          Funny!  I spent a summer in Oregon.  They said to bring sweaters 'cause it's cool there in summers.  Naturally, they broke heat records that year...

                                          Madinia
                                          Been west. Spent three years in Arizona. Didn't like it. ( Too hot, too hot, too HOT!)

                                          Alisone

                                          likes the East Coast
                                          Come to California where we REALLY have mountains. I can see them from my
                                          office window. Snow and everything. AND gambling in them thar mountains.

                                          Gaius
                                          <COME WEST.....>

                                          >From: Zohra Rawling <zisaac@...>
                                          >To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
                                          >Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] portable camping stuff
                                          >Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:53:52 -0700
                                          >

                                          >--On Thursday, May 9, 2002 3:41 PM -0400 Dianne and Greg Stucki
                                          ><goofy1@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > Isn't it bee yoo tee full, Ysse? Us flatlanders really enjoy all these
                                          > > purty mountains!
                                          > >
                                          > > Alisone
                                          >
                                          >yesh it is!!!
                                          >
                                          >I can see mountains from house
                                          >
                                          >reall live mountains...not "mount holly"
                                          >I am talking *mountains* and *huge* tracks of land
                                          >
                                          >*giggle*
                                          >and there is a huge river and fog!!
                                          >and it is all so magical in the morning...ooooooaahhhhhhh
                                          >

                                          >ysse

                                        • Carolle M Cox
                                          Message 20 of 28 , May 10, 2002
                                            > Also, why use an ice chest? Despina and I don't when we go to pennsic.
                                            > It's EASY and LESS EXPENSIVE to do all-period, non-cooler events.
                                            >
                                            > Just my .02
                                            > Nose headed back to the grindstone.
                                            > Bogdan

                                            My lord Bogdan, further information is humbly begged! How do you do this???

                                            Gerita
                                          • Carolle M Cox
                                            Message 21 of 28 , May 10, 2002
                                              Elias, i'm deeply sorry i didn't read that paper when you asked! Some how i
                                              missed that post. But major Conga-Rats on the grade! For cryin' out loud,
                                              man, looks like you didn't Need any comments!

                                              Gleefully dancing along with you,

                                              Gerita
                                            • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                                              Message 22 of 28 , May 13, 2002
                                                > > It's EASY and LESS EXPENSIVE to do all-period, non-cooler events.
                                                > >
                                                > > Just my .02
                                                > > Nose headed back to the grindstone.
                                                > > Bogdan
                                                >
                                                >My lord Bogdan, further information is humbly begged! How do you do this???

                                                If you check in the files section, in the folder called "Events without a
                                                cooler" is his article from publication in the MK A&S thingy. If you'd
                                                like more information than that, ask again! *grin* He usually can have
                                                something more up his sleeve. But the article is pretty encompassing.

                                                Smiles,
                                                Despina