Graduate Studies in Historical Costume

  • Heather Glista
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 2:17 PM
      Hello,

      I will be going to graduate school in the next few years and am interested
      in studying historical costume. I am in the information gathering stage and
      have a hunch that some of you may have advice/information to share.

      My questions:
      Are there any specific programs or universities that you would recommend?
      Has anyone on the list done graduate work regarding historical costume? If
      so, where did you study?
      What would you say the strengths and weaknessness of the program were?
      What would you recommend one do to prepare for admission to such a program?
      Were you able to secure a job in a related field upon matriculation?

      Many thanks in advance for any help, I realize I am asking for a lot. Feel
      free to respond to my questions off list as well.

      Beatrice