Re: [Authentic_SCA] Spring Faire... Tales from the Kitchen

  • Dianne and Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
      And how would we obtain these copies?

      Alisone
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 2:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Spring Faire... Tales from the Kitchen

      >I don't suppose this feast booklet included recipes, and that copies are
      >available for the curious? ;-)

      Yes, and yes.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la Bogdan's in class right now, I think

    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
          At 01:59 PM 4/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
          >And how would we obtain these copies?
          >
          >Alisone

          If people want to send me their addresses, I have a number of copies still
          at the house. I made a few extra. <blush> I can mail them.

          Smiles,
          Despina
        • Jenn Ridley
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
            Bogdan wrote:

            >Salut!
            >I came. I cooked. they ate.
            >That's it.

            And it was good. We ate lots. (I was there :) )

            >Seriously though, the event was fine. Despina and I left Champaign with
            >almost all of the food finished on thursday afternoon, drove to Roaring
            >Wastes, as Her Excellency de Cordoba had kindly offered bread for the
            >feast and to let me borrow some dishes, and we arrived up North around
            >1am.
            Iasmine made the bread, or just offered it? It was kinda hard and
            crusty. good though....

            > The illusions went
            >over well, though I never heard any feedback on the fence of butter.
            >Probably because the smoked salmon was so good. It was smoked that
            >morning by a local fishmonger.

            It was much better at the beginning of the second course. That first
            dish was nearly frozen when it was served. We let ours sit, and it
            was a great entry to the second course. (I heard a couple of people
            call the the butter/cinnamon stick fence 'Cinna-henge')

            The salmon lahs were very good. Kate (my 10 yo) really liked the
            chicken...I think she had three or four.

            Our server warned us that the tart cherry was "really tart". We didn't
            find it that way (but then again, the group I was sitting with is used
            to Michigan sour cherries off the tree). The cherry dish was great
            with the roast. Kate swiped up some of the "applesauce" with a bite
            of her roast, and said it was really good.

            >The meal would have worked out just as well, and I would have had more
            >time to do stuff with the marzipan (just a couple of "flowers" for the
            >tables and a rose for head table).

            We did have one question...what did you use to color the red marzipan?
            There was a hint of some flavor other than sugar and almond, and none
            of the group could ID it....

            stasia
            --
            Jenn Ridley
            jridley@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
              & I have been drooling ever since you described it! Gwen who really
              wishes she got out more...

              Jenn Ridley wrote:

              >Bogdan wrote:
              >
              >>Salut!
              >>I came. I cooked. they ate.
              >>That's it.

              Gwen verch Rhys of Gwynedd
              Jennifer Hill
              All manner of thing shall be well. Julian of Norwich