Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wow, okay

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
      At 03:48 PM 4/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
      >And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
      >Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
      >of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!
      >
      >Gerita

      Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence; however I have never held an
      office in the SCA - on any level. This is a serious drawback in my kingdom
      if you are applying for a kingdom office. For various reasons, I will not
      hold an office in my barony. Plus, none of the current officers are making
      any moves to leave their offices, so none are vacant or will be coming
      vacant any time soon. However, the Regional level is not so bad a prospect
      or possibility. Deputy is one foot in the door.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la very humbled at the thoughts others have of her.
    • rowen_g
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2002

        > I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am
        positive my
        > resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I
        certainly
        > could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be
        able
        > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two
        years and
        > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.
        >
        > What am I thinking?
        >
        > SMiles,
        > Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
        > region......

        I think you'd be very good at it. You may not have the "office
        experience," but you have the passion for the subject. :-)

        Rowen

        (trying to catch up on the mail)
      • maud_de_clayton
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2002
          > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I
          apparently am....
          > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the
          spot of
          > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that
          is
          > coming open right now.....
          >
          > I'm a little flat footed.
          >
          > Wow.
          >
          > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
          >
          > Smiles,
          > Despina

          Kewl! Better thee than me! 8-D

          Maud