Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wow, okay

  • Carolle M Cox
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 1:48 PM
      And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
      Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
      of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!

      Gerita
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 2:05 PM
        At 03:48 PM 4/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
        >And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
        >Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
        >of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!
        >
        >Gerita

        Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence; however I have never held an
        office in the SCA - on any level. This is a serious drawback in my kingdom
        if you are applying for a kingdom office. For various reasons, I will not
        hold an office in my barony. Plus, none of the current officers are making
        any moves to leave their offices, so none are vacant or will be coming
        vacant any time soon. However, the Regional level is not so bad a prospect
        or possibility. Deputy is one foot in the door.

        Smiles,
        Despina de la very humbled at the thoughts others have of her.
      • rowen_g
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2 10:41 AM

          > I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am
          positive my
          > resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I
          certainly
          > could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be
          able
          > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two
          years and
          > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.
          >
          > What am I thinking?
          >
          > SMiles,
          > Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
          > region......

          I think you'd be very good at it. You may not have the "office
          experience," but you have the passion for the subject. :-)

          Rowen

          (trying to catch up on the mail)
        • maud_de_clayton
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8 4:50 PM
            > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I
            apparently am....
            > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the
            spot of
            > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that
            is
            > coming open right now.....
            >
            > I'm a little flat footed.
            >
            > Wow.
            >
            > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
            >
            > Smiles,
            > Despina

            Kewl! Better thee than me! 8-D

            Maud