Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wow, okay

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002

      >Think on this: is it general common knowledge that
      >you're planning to leave?

      For those who actually know us, yes. For the majority of the people in my
      region, no.

      >What kind of time frame are
      >you looking at?

      18 months. Bogdan wants to be done by next May. If he's not done by next
      May, that's okay, but he's really working his butt off for it - next August
      (2003) is my realistic expectation (hope) at this point.

      >How about appointing and grooming a
      >drop-dead deputy? A good idea in any event, and
      >especially if you expect real life to take you
      >somewhere else.

      A lovely idea, but, as you can see, with the time frame we have it would be
      better for me to become an under DDD than to have a position that requires
      one. *sigh* I might just become some sort of A&S class coordinator for
      the region.... hmmmm... that actually sounds like a viable and useful
      position that hasn't been created yet within the great and burgeoning
      political machine that is the Middle Kingdom..... I'll have to look into that.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la I am going crazy, I know it.
    • Carolle M Cox
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
        And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
        Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
        of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!

        Gerita
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
          At 03:48 PM 4/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
          >And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
          >Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
          >of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!
          >
          >Gerita

          Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence; however I have never held an
          office in the SCA - on any level. This is a serious drawback in my kingdom
          if you are applying for a kingdom office. For various reasons, I will not
          hold an office in my barony. Plus, none of the current officers are making
          any moves to leave their offices, so none are vacant or will be coming
          vacant any time soon. However, the Regional level is not so bad a prospect
          or possibility. Deputy is one foot in the door.

          Smiles,
          Despina de la very humbled at the thoughts others have of her.
        • rowen_g
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2002

            > I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am
            positive my
            > resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I
            certainly
            > could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be
            able
            > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two
            years and
            > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.
            >
            > What am I thinking?
            >
            > SMiles,
            > Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
            > region......

            I think you'd be very good at it. You may not have the "office
            experience," but you have the passion for the subject. :-)

            Rowen

            (trying to catch up on the mail)
          • maud_de_clayton
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 8, 2002
              > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I
              apparently am....
              > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the
              spot of
              > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that
              is
              > coming open right now.....
              >
              > I'm a little flat footed.
              >
              > Wow.
              >
              > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
              >
              > Smiles,
              > Despina

              Kewl! Better thee than me! 8-D

              Maud