Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wow, okay

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
      --- "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>
      wrote:
      > I wouldn't be able
      > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the
      > term is two years and
      > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by
      > then.
      >
      > What am I thinking?
      Think on this: is it general common knowledge that
      you're planning to leave? What kind of time frame are
      you looking at? How about appointing and grooming a
      drop-dead deputy? A good idea in any event, and
      especially if you expect real life to take you
      somewhere else.

      Jehanne

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002

        >Think on this: is it general common knowledge that
        >you're planning to leave?

        For those who actually know us, yes. For the majority of the people in my
        region, no.

        >What kind of time frame are
        >you looking at?

        18 months. Bogdan wants to be done by next May. If he's not done by next
        May, that's okay, but he's really working his butt off for it - next August
        (2003) is my realistic expectation (hope) at this point.

        >How about appointing and grooming a
        >drop-dead deputy? A good idea in any event, and
        >especially if you expect real life to take you
        >somewhere else.

        A lovely idea, but, as you can see, with the time frame we have it would be
        better for me to become an under DDD than to have a position that requires
        one. *sigh* I might just become some sort of A&S class coordinator for
        the region.... hmmmm... that actually sounds like a viable and useful
        position that hasn't been created yet within the great and burgeoning
        political machine that is the Middle Kingdom..... I'll have to look into that.

        Smiles,
        Despina de la I am going crazy, I know it.
      • Carolle M Cox
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
          And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
          Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
          of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!

          Gerita
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
            At 03:48 PM 4/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
            >And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
            >Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
            >of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!
            >
            >Gerita

            Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence; however I have never held an
            office in the SCA - on any level. This is a serious drawback in my kingdom
            if you are applying for a kingdom office. For various reasons, I will not
            hold an office in my barony. Plus, none of the current officers are making
            any moves to leave their offices, so none are vacant or will be coming
            vacant any time soon. However, the Regional level is not so bad a prospect
            or possibility. Deputy is one foot in the door.

            Smiles,
            Despina de la very humbled at the thoughts others have of her.
          • rowen_g
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2002

              > I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am
              positive my
              > resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I
              certainly
              > could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be
              able
              > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two
              years and
              > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.
              >
              > What am I thinking?
              >
              > SMiles,
              > Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
              > region......

              I think you'd be very good at it. You may not have the "office
              experience," but you have the passion for the subject. :-)

              Rowen

              (trying to catch up on the mail)
            • maud_de_clayton
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 8, 2002
                > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I
                apparently am....
                > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the
                spot of
                > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that
                is
                > coming open right now.....
                >
                > I'm a little flat footed.
                >
                > Wow.
                >
                > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
                >
                > Smiles,
                > Despina

                Kewl! Better thee than me! 8-D

                Maud