Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wow, okay

  • Sarah Michele Ford
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 10:04 AM
      On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:

      > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I apparently am....
      > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the spot of
      > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that is
      > coming open right now.....
      >
      > I'm a little flat footed.
      >
      > Wow.
      >
      > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.

      Dude. Congratulations on being so highly-thought-of!

      Alianor

      Sarah Michele Ford
      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
      Illusion is the general rule of the universe;
      reality is but an exception.
      --Jean Baudrillard
      \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    • L Joseph
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 10:15 AM
        --- "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>
        wrote:

        > Wow.
        I second that wow! You going for it?

        Great news, Despina.

        Jehanne

        =====
        Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

        http://greetings.yahoo.com/
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 10:30 AM
          At 10:15 AM 4/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:

          >--- "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>
          >wrote:
          >
          > > Wow.
          >I second that wow! You going for it?

          I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am positive my
          resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I certainly
          could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be able
          to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two years and
          we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.

          What am I thinking?

          SMiles,
          Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
          region..........
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 10:30 AM

            > > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
            >
            >Dude. Congratulations on being so highly-thought-of!

            Thanks. I'm still a bit in shock at the suggestion.

            Smiles,
            Despina
          • L Joseph
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1 10:38 AM
              wrote:
              > I wouldn't be able
              > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the
              > term is two years and
              > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by
              > then.
              >
              > What am I thinking?
              Think on this: is it general common knowledge that
              you're planning to leave? What kind of time frame are
              you looking at? How about appointing and grooming a
              drop-dead deputy? A good idea in any event, and
              especially if you expect real life to take you
              somewhere else.

              Jehanne

              =====

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1 11:09 AM

                >Think on this: is it general common knowledge that
                >you're planning to leave?

                For those who actually know us, yes. For the majority of the people in my
                region, no.

                >What kind of time frame are
                >you looking at?

                18 months. Bogdan wants to be done by next May. If he's not done by next
                May, that's okay, but he's really working his butt off for it - next August
                (2003) is my realistic expectation (hope) at this point.

                >How about appointing and grooming a
                >drop-dead deputy? A good idea in any event, and
                >especially if you expect real life to take you
                >somewhere else.

                A lovely idea, but, as you can see, with the time frame we have it would be
                better for me to become an under DDD than to have a position that requires
                one. *sigh* I might just become some sort of A&S class coordinator for
                the region.... hmmmm... that actually sounds like a viable and useful
                position that hasn't been created yet within the great and burgeoning
                political machine that is the Middle Kingdom..... I'll have to look into that.

                Smiles,
                Despina de la I am going crazy, I know it.
              • Carolle M Cox
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1 1:48 PM
                  And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
                  Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
                  of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!

                  Gerita
                • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1 2:05 PM
                    At 03:48 PM 4/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
                    >And why would not you be qualified, my lady??? Your love of the arts of the
                    >Period is evident in your posts here. You don't have to know how to do all
                    >of them, but it does help to know someone who does. Good luck!
                    >
                    >Gerita

                    Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence; however I have never held an
                    office in the SCA - on any level. This is a serious drawback in my kingdom
                    if you are applying for a kingdom office. For various reasons, I will not
                    hold an office in my barony. Plus, none of the current officers are making
                    any moves to leave their offices, so none are vacant or will be coming
                    vacant any time soon. However, the Regional level is not so bad a prospect
                    or possibility. Deputy is one foot in the door.

                    Smiles,
                    Despina de la very humbled at the thoughts others have of her.
                  • rowen_g
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 2 10:41 AM

                      > I can't believe this, but I'm actually considering it. I am
                      positive my
                      > resume doesn't give me any chance at the Kingdom level, but I
                      certainly
                      > could do something at the regional level for a while. I wouldn't be
                      able
                      > to do the regional MoAS job, though, as I belive the term is two
                      years and
                      > we *desperately* hope to be out of this region by then.
                      >
                      > What am I thinking?
                      >
                      > SMiles,
                      > Despina de la might infuse some authenticity and A&S gumption in her
                      > region......

                      I think you'd be very good at it. You may not have the "office
                      experience," but you have the passion for the subject. :-)

                      Rowen

                      (trying to catch up on the mail)
                    • maud_de_clayton
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 8 4:50 PM
                        > I didn't think I was getting into the rabble as much as I
                        apparently am....
                        > I was just told by my regional MoAS that I should step into the
                        spot of
                        > either regional MoAS when it is next open or kingdom MoAS, as that
                        is
                        > coming open right now.....
                        >
                        > I'm a little flat footed.
                        >
                        > Wow.
                        >
                        > Okay, just had to share my stun. Return to normal business.
                        >
                        > Smiles,
                        > Despina

                        Kewl! Better thee than me! 8-D

                        Maud