New and used book acquisitions

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 11:01 AM
      Gaius and I went down to the Bay area yesterday. We visited Lark In
      The Morning's retail shop at the Cannery, oohed and aahed over an
      assortment of musical instruments and came home with a cake of violin
      rosin for my hurdy gurdy, Al Cofrin's sheet music for SCA dance and
      an alto recorder.

      Then we went into Berkeley, home of the wonderful Moe's Bookstore. My
      purchases include "King Rene's Book of Love" in paperback (used, they
      still have two hardbound, slipcased copies in good condition up on
      the fourth floor if anyone is interested). It includes lots of good
      images of late 15th century clothing, armor, pavilions and a half
      timbered, thatched cottage. I also picked up "Big Noisy Trucks" - no,
      wait, that's for my nephew, Nicholas - make that "Chaucer's Knight:
      The Portrait of a Medieval Mercenary," by Monty Python's Terry Jones.
      It looks like it's going to be an interesting read.

      While I didn't pick up a copy, I thought I'd mention to any
      Japanophiles out there that Liza Dalby's "Kimono" is now available in
      paperback. Amazon has it discounted:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0295981555/qid=1017600067/sr=8-
      2/ref=sr_8_3_2/002-9561463-1057643

      Jehanne